PIP REVIEW — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP REVIEW

mtn
mtn Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone I  returned my PIP review form in February and haven't received f2f appointment or decision yet.
I telephoned DWP yesterday and was told my form was with Case Manager.Does this mean I  will receive award decision without having f2f assessment or is this unlikely?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Hello @mtn    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

The answer to your question is I do not know.

With the current situation more likely have a telephone assessment.

Most important thing now is you the anxiety the waiting for an appointment.

Also try to if you do have a mental health condition for example speak to your team .

I am aware there are charities, associations, societies connected with any disability, illness or condition.

Please if you so wish ask me find out for you and that is some additional support for you besides the from the community.

I am happy to do this.

We are a friendly community are here to be supportive. Please ask any questions . Some one will know a member of the team or a member of our community.

Please wish you the best for a positive outcome, keep in touch.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @mtn, hello and welcome, Reading your post it looks as if a paper based assessment has been done and the report is with a case manager who is either doing an audit on your case which could be a routine thing or your review just needed further clarification / checking before a decision is made. Have you requested a copy of the assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • mtn
    Thanks to you both for your replies. This is my first PIP review and I  had no idea what the process was. I haven't been called for a face to assessment or had any update as to the status of my review so have been getting increasingly anxious. I suppose under the exceptional circumstances at the moment it is not surprising that things are taking longer to be dealt with. I will just have to have patience.  Thanks again it's good to be able to voice my concerns to people who understand.  Regards 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you don't have to wait much longer @mtn! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• mtn
    I will Chloe thanks
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mtn - As @wilko suggests, you could try ringing the DWP (Tel: 0800 121 4433) & ask for a copy of the assessor's report. This will give you an idea of what award you may get, tho you still have to wait for your decision letter, as also mentioned above. The DWP Decision Maker does normally agree with the assessor's report. If the assessor's report is not yet available, hopefully you might get an indication as to what stage your review is at.
  • charlotte441
    charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    @mtn was the form a shorter one? 
  • mtn
    Hi Charlotte thanks for responding yes it was a bit shorter than the original form completed for my PIP claim 2 years ago. It covered the same criteria but was basically asking for an update and if there were any changes in my circumstances and/or medical issues 
    Regards 
  • charlotte441
    charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    @mtn your very welcome. I am waiting for my letter ( not till a few months yet though). did you supply any of the same evidence with new evidence as well? Or just new evidence. thanks for replying. hope to hear back from you. 
  • mtn
    Thank you to everyone who responded to my previous post regarding my PIP review. I am pleased to advise my PIP decision letter from DWP has now  been received and I have been awarded both personal care and mobility allowance. I wasn't given a f2f assessment which was such a relief as I was really stressed and anxious about having  to have one as the  assessment for my initial PIP claim  had been such a distressing experience.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    made up for you mtm  :)
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@mtn.  Good morning to you oh that’s great news really happy for you, a big weight of your mind, you can relax now ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mtn - Thank you for updating us all, & congratulations! :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mtn Great news for you and thank you for sharing with us. I had the same at my review and just had a quick call to answer few questions and was awarded enhanced for both.

I put my success down to the great advice found on here about how to complete the form

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.