PIP case has been referred to the Department’s Health Assessment Advisor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP case has been referred to the Department’s Health Assessment Advisor

rbz
rbz Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I placed my PIP claim on October 2019. 

On 10.03.2020 I received PIP payment sum of £595.40

On 13.03.2020 I received letter from HMRC where stated that I awarded PIP and HMRC increased Tax Credit payment.

But not received any PIP decision letter from DfC. Today contacted DfC by email and asked about PIP Decision letter and asked for PIP Assessment Report.

DfC responded:

"I can advise that a final decision has not yet been made on your PIP claim. The payment you received was issued in error from the PIP Centre as your case had been selected for an internal check before final decision was made.

I apologise for the confusion caused by the letters you have received stating we have all the information we need to make a decision, these are system generated letters issued in the aim of keeping the customer up to date with the current progress of their claim. Your case has been referred to the Department’s Health Assessment Advisor (HAA) for additional advice. Once advice has been received the PIP Centre case manager will be able to make a decision on your PIP claim and notify you of this.

I apologise for the delay in your claim.

In your email you have requested a copy of the PIP assessment report completed by Capita. I have issued this today in the post. Please be advised that the descriptors chosen within the report are subject to change following advice from the HAA or Capita."

Anyone can explain this situation.

I believe DfC awarded me with PIP, but last minute something changed.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    An odd one that, I can only make assumptions which is never something I like to do, would be interesting to see what the assessors report says when you get the copy, it will indicate where you have scored points and what award you might expect, and tbh the DM usually goes with the assessors report, seems this time that they haven't ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• rbz
    Anyone familiar about additional PIP case checks? Still no news about my PIP claim decision, even HMRC today confirmed that they on system clearly see PIP from 08.11.2019
  • FairHairedFoodie
    FairHairedFoodie Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    @rbz Did you receive your assessor report? 
  • rbz
    Still awaiting for report. DWP posted report on 10 April 2020, but not received yet.
  • rbz
    Today contacted HMRC regarding Tax Credits Disability element. I asked to stop pay Disability Element because there no final decision from DWP (to avoid possible overpayments). HMRC advisor told that system they have access to clearly shows PIP from 08.11.2019.
    My actual PIP claim date 16.10.2019, pervious letter from HMRC dated 13.03.2020 also shows PIP entitlement from 16.10.2019.

• rbz
    I placed many complaints against DWP and Capita regarding my first PIP claim dated November 2018 where I was awarded 0 points on both parts.

Director of DWP failed to investigate my complains and at this moment Independent Case Examiner working with my case.
    Also Tribunal not awarded PIP because Tribunal decision was based on wrong PIP Assessment report and not take into account any evidence supplied during hearing.
    At this moment my application for leave to appeal to a SS Commissioner will be forwarded to legally qualified member for determination.

I think DWP compare my PIP claim dated November 2018 where received 0 points on both parts and new claim dated October 2019 where system HMRC have access clearly shows Enhanced rate on both parts.

• rbz
    edited April 2020
    @Username_removed

In my case MRI scan show spinal disc compression, but Tribunal Statement of reasons shows -no compression at all.
    Statement of reasons contains nearly 20 inconsistent with evidences. So Tribunal fully relies on PIP Assessment report.
    Independent Case Examiner working with DWP malladministration ( no with my PIP claim).

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.