Hi, my name is roymay! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is roymay!

roymay
roymay Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 5 years ago I have subsequently had 3 heart attacks  and two mini strokes and one large stroke. I have suffered from severe anxiety symptoms and recently got diagnosed with PTSD.
I continue to work but it's very hard and it's getting harder

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @roymay - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I can appreciate working must be difficult with the problems you're facing. May I ask if you have any support for your mental health?
    I also wonder if you might discuss 'reasonable adjustments' due to your disability with your employer. There's some info here on Scope.
    Please let us know how we may help/support you, which is what this community is about. Also if you have any questions. I hope some of the info above is helpful, if not let us know. Please also do talk here any time, & let us know how you are, thank you. :)

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @roymay and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear of your health struggles and that working is getting harder.  You have been given very good information/advice above by @chiareds so I hope you find that helpful.  

I hope you don't mind, but I have found online an organisation who may be able to give you some support with your PTSD, if you would like to take a look -

https://www.ptsduk.org/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjvrsvIeH6QIVle7tCh2bewDeEAAYASAAEgJ5fvD_BwE

We are here to support you, so as @chiarieds says, please do talk to us anytime.  There will always be someone here to listen.  If we can be of any help/support to you at all then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @roymay. It sounds like you've been through a rough few years. You're more than welcome here though, so I hope you'll stick around and get involved. Please let us know if you need any advice or guidance or just a chat!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness