How long until I get a decision from DWP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long until I get a decision from DWP?

Gemma9
Gemma9 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi does any one know how long it will be till I get a decision from dwp had a phone interview on 6 th April but thought I’d of found out by now if I got it or not ?? I know they did say 6-8 weeks but thought that wouldn’t take so long, xx

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gemma9 - Welcome to the community. The timescales you're given are just a guideline unfortunately. What you can do however, is ring the DWP on 0800 121 4433 & ask for a copy of your assessment report. This will give you an idea as to what award you might receive. The DWP Decision Maker usually goes with the assessment report, but you would have to wait for the actual decision letter to be sure. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gemma9 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I hope you find the above information which @chiareds has provided to be helpful and I hope it's not too long before you receive a decision from DWP.  Please let us know how you get on anyway.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.