DOES PIP AUTOMATICALLY STOP AFTER 3 YEARS THAT JUDGE AWARDED IN APPEAL? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DOES PIP AUTOMATICALLY STOP AFTER 3 YEARS THAT JUDGE AWARDED IN APPEAL?

Options
Andy1234
Andy1234 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
In December 2018 a judge awarded my fiancee 3 years pips payments backdated to November 2017, after 16 months of struggling to get this benefit. My question is that all the corresponding paperwork says that this will stop around the 21st of November this year - Will this just automatically stop or will they invite my fiancee to another ridiculous medical????

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Andy she will have to re-apply when the time comes and that would normally be around May but due to the current problems it should be extended by 6 months, it may well then lead to another assessment or it might be paper based or by telephone.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for answering this @woodbine. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Andy1234
    Options
    We still have not heard anything about my partner's PIP award that is due to end late November. Will it be extended? or do I need to request a renewal?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP reviews were suspended in March because of Covid19. They have now started back up this month so you should receive your review form soon. I'm also overdue for my review too and my award ends at the end of October this year. Awards should be extended by 6 months if a decision hasn't been made by the time your award is due to end. This is assuming you're living in the UK.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Andy1234
    Options
    I read somewhere that we wouldn't get a review form, as our case was awarded for a fixed term of 3 years in a court of appeal. Is this correct, I read that we have to request a renewal. I think it was on the turn2us site.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Andy1234 said:
    I read somewhere that we wouldn't get a review form, as our case was awarded for a fixed term of 3 years in a court of appeal. Is this correct, I read that we have to request a renewal. I think it was on the turn2us site.

Yes, that's correct. I also beleive that as your award was from a Tribunal then it won't be extended for 6 months. If a decision hasn't been made by the end date, then it will end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.