fit note — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

fit note

antc
antc Community member Posts: 41 Connected
edited May 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi .. does anyone know if i need a new fit note for universal credit during covid-19 has mine runs out soon. cheers
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi not sure but would guess so, could you ask the question on your UC journal? 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• antc
    i will try that cheers
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @antc. Have you had any reply from them?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • antc
    they said to get one and keep it safe until when they open again.. been told off citizens advice that fit notes are not available during this time but sick notes are.. but its a fit note i need for a disability... might just wait until lock down is over.  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @antc. Fit notes replaced sick notes and are the new name for them, so I'm not sure why CAB have advised that. Doctors are still providing these even in the lockdown.
    You are best phoning your GP and requesting one. You'll need to have them without gaps. If you report it on your UC journal in the usual way, and then keep it safe until they're able to verify it. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • antc
    thanks for that Adrian.. will get someone to ring my doctors Wednesday has thats when the fit note is up and try get another and keep it safe until can hand it into the jobcentre
  • antc
    hi... i have now declared the fit note on my universal credit to do list. it now says to provide the fit note by the 4th june to the jobcentre..are they open to do that? will they take a photocopy and let me Keep the original..? any advice thanks
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @antc. No, they're not open to do that at the moment. They're advising people to keep them safe and they'll accept them once they re-open. 
    I'm not sure if they're still allowing you to post them in, so it might be worth asking on your journal if that's an option.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • antc
    ok thanks a lot for the info ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.