Hi, there — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, there

Options
Astr0cent
Astr0cent Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi there, I thought I'd say hi and see what this is all about. My name is Aiden and I have Autism (High functioning type). I'm 30 years old. I'm into gaming, films, nature, meditation, cats. Struggling with this lockdown, its kinda lonely at the moment (Well I don't have many friends anyways but this is even more socially isolating). Not sure what else to do so I found this and well, I guess I'll see.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Astr0cent - Welcome to the community, which I hope you enjoy a being part of, Aiden. Many of us like films & cats for a start. You should try our 'Coffee lounge, where films & TV box sets are being discussed. There people share their artwork & photos of their pets, & more. See the link on the right. I think we're all finding it strange & sometimes lonely at the moment, which is in part why this community can be so helpful, just chatting online.
    Please have a look around & join in with any discussions that interest you. I'm sure you'll fit right in.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Astr0cent and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you.  Yes, it is really hard just now in lock-down and I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so lonely and isolated.  Please know that you are not alone on here and are amongst friends.  We are all here to support you and you are very welcome on here.  We all love to chat and care and share on here so please chat to us anytime.  The fact that you like cats is a wonderful start as many of us on here, including myself, have cats and love these wonderful creatures.  What kind of films do you enjoy watching?  You will find plenty of our members with different hobbies and interests which we all enjoy chatting about.  So I look forward to reading more of your posts and hearing about all your varying interests.  I'm sure you will have lots to contribute to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Astr0cent. I hope you'll stick around and get involved in some of our lighter chats over on the coffee lounge.
    We have a favourite film thread that you might be interested in contributing to as well as one about PC gaming if that's your thing.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Astr0cent and welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing with us. I am sorry you're feeling lonely. I hope you will have a look around the forum and get involved in any discussions you find interesting.

Han
  • EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @Astr0cent hope you're having a good day so far!
    Welcome to the community, I quite new to this too! 

I hope you're feeling better today do pop into the  the coffee lounge for a chat.

take care Emma :)

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
  • Astr0cent
    Astr0cent Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I'm not sure how to respond to comments but thank you all for your nice comments, I am currently dealing with appeal for my PIP at the moment. Its all very stressful. I feel I am coping a little better with some of the things I am going on with but my sleep has suffered. Thank you all.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are very welcome, @Astr0cent.  Sorry to hear you are finding PIP very stressful just now and that your sleep is suffering.  Is there anything we can help you with?  If there is then please just let us know as we are all here to support you.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just wanted to check in to see how things are going @Astr0cent. :)
    Scope

Brightness