Hi, my name is RJ_25! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is RJ_25!

RJ_25
RJ_25 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I’m 19 and I have endometriosis, aside from my condition I love movies, books, going out with friends, church, volunteering, anything that gets my heart racing really❤️

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hey @RJ_25. I'm glad you found us!
    How have you been keeping yourself busy under lockdown?
    You're really welcome here, so please don't be shy about sharing your favourite books or films over in our coffee lounge!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RJ_25 - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for joining. I always like to meet another bookworm! Please have a look around, & join in with the discussions. I think you'll enjoy our 'Coffee lounge' where we chat about books. films, TV, etc. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge :)

• RJ_25
    Hi @Adrian_Scope and @chiarieds I would love that, I’ll have to check it out. I’ve been super busy doing little things here and there. We had a leak so had to rip up all of our flooring, nice hard labour?? painted the kitchen, some diy projects, researched new things, I’m also working from home and watching lots of tv and reading books so that will keep me busy??☺️
  • EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi @RJ_25 Welcome to the online community! Wow sounds like you have lots to keep you busy, hope the leak is fixed now!
    Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend??

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @RJ_25! A fellow book lover here, what kind of things do you like to read?
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @R_J25 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  You certainly sound very busy and so glad you are kept going through these challenging times.  What kind of volunteering do you do?  I too enjoy watching movies and reading books.  I'm sure you will find plenty to talk about on our forum as lots of people here enjoy books and movies too, amongst other things.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • RJ_25
    @EmmaR_Scope Morning, thanks for the welcome. Thankfully all is fixed phew? Honestly not really gotta catch up on some work as my deadline is next week but then I have online (coz of current situation) church so that’s always fun!
  • RJ_25
    Hey @Chloe_Scope anything really, I’m more into fiction and obviously have genres that I prefer but anything that takes my fancy really! Just currently reading my 26th book of the yeah? Do you use goodreads at all?
  • RJ_25
    Morning @Ails I’m good thank you, I’ve done a variety of different types. I went to New Orleans last year and helped build houses for hurricane victims. I help out at a youth club for disabled children. Help with the Crisis (homeless charity) events. Was going to be helping with hosting some homeless people at my church but unfortunately because of what’s going on, I can’t as my mum is considered high risk so don’t want to take the risk 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RJ_25, glad you are well.  Oh wow, that all sounds wonderful!  You have been very busy.  How was New Orleans?  I hope you and your mum are keeping safe and well and doing ok all through this.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    RJ_25 said:
    @EmmaR_Scope Morning, thanks for the welcome. Thankfully all is fixed phew? Honestly not really gotta catch up on some work as my deadline is next week but then I have online (coz of current situation) church so that’s always fun!
    HI @RJ_25 it really is amazing how so much has gone online, would never have thought priests in our parish could learn to record and stream services on you tube but they are!!  What would we have done without all this technoology?
     I hope you got some of your work completed as your deadline is looming :smiley:

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    RJ_25 said:
    Hey @Chloe_Scope anything really, I’m more into fiction and obviously have genres that I prefer but anything that takes my fancy really! Just currently reading my 26th book of the yeah? Do you use goodreads at all?
    That's a lot of books! I'm on my 12th book at the moment. I often use goodreads to see the current books. :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @RJ_25 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    A warm welcome to the community @RJ_25

Brightness