Not understanding assessment dates/period. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not understanding assessment dates/period.

littlep
littlep Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, I'm new and was browsing and just signed up to ask for help. I'm sorry if this is the wrong category!

Just wondering if I can receive help from anyone who understands LCWRA and could help me out on my dates and when I will first be paid?

I handed in one fit note, January 14th however since November I was submitting proof of psychiatric letters which wasn't fit notes but just letters to confirm everything I said was accurate.

* First fit note was provided January 14th.

* Was accepted to LCWRA 16th March (don't know if that was relevant)

It's now 1st of May and I haven't received any LCWRA payment, I thought my payment would of came through during May but it hadn't. Also will I get anything backdated? thannkyou!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @littlep and welcome to the community! Is this for Universal Credit?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • littlep
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @littlep and welcome to the community! Is this for Universal Credit?
    Yes! and thank you 
  • littlep
    @Adrian_Scope any idea if you could help? thanyou 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited May 2020
    Hello @littlep. Can I ask, do you know what your assessment period dates from UC are? If not, do you know what date you usually receive your UC as it'll help me work out your assessment periods. 
    It should tell you your assessment period at the very top of your UC statement. It'll say something like "Assessment period: 12th March to 11th April"
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • littlep
    I get paid on the 23rd, I can't find the assessment period on my statement however I found this which looks similar so unsure if this is it.
    The amount you get is based on your circumstances from 17 April to 16 May 2020.

Thankyou Adrian

• Adrian_Scope
    That's perfect, thanks @littlep. Those are your assessment period dates (17-16th).

Unfortunately, for LCWRA it has to be 3 full assessment periods after you first evidence your limited capability for work (via a fit note).

As the fit note was provided on Jan 14th it should be calculated like this:

17th December - 16th January: Doesn't count
    17th January - 16th February: Month 1
    17th February - 16th March: Month 2
    17th March - 16th April: Month 3
    17th April - 16th May: First payment. So you should receive the LCWRA payment following your April-May assessment period, for which you are paid on 23rd May.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • littlep
    edited May 2020
    Thankyou so much! Do you get money back dated during those periods, or does it not work like that? I've read different answers so getting myself confused! You've been so helpful I appreciate your time.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Unfortunately the first 3 assessment periods are considered a 'waiting period' so you don't receive payment during those months and it doesn't get backdated. It was similar on ESA where there was a 13 week wait period which wasn't paid either.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • littlep
    Ah that's irritating but understandable. Thankyou :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    You're welcome. Sorry it wasn't better news, but at least you know when to expect it now. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.