Did not receive extra money for LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did not receive extra money for LCWRA

laurapeach
laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
Hi all, 

I was assessed as being in the LCWRA in March after giving in my first fit note in January. I'm aware that the first proper payment isn't paid until the 4th month after you first gave in a fit note but I was advised that I would get a small amount of money during the assessment period. Is that correct? This is my first month after losing my job that I've had UC based on £0 earnings since claiming a couple of years ago so I just want to make sure the amount is correct as I'm going to struggle without the extra I'd get with wages.

I applied for PIP 3.5 months ago also but I'm aware there's a long waiting period for that and I am yet to have an assessment. 

Thanks in advance! 
Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.

Comments

• littlep
    littlep Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    edited May 2020
    Hi all, 

I was assessed as being in the LCWRA in March after giving in my first fit note in January. I'm aware that the first proper payment isn't paid until the 4th month after you first gave in a fit note but I was advised that I would get a small amount of money during the assessment period. Is that correct? This is my first month after losing my job that I've had UC based on £0 earnings since claiming a couple of years ago so I just want to make sure the amount is correct as I'm going to struggle without the extra I'd get with wages.

I applied for PIP 3.5 months ago also but I'm aware there's a long waiting period for that and I am yet to have an assessment. 

Thanks in advance! 
    Hi, I can't help but @Adrian_Scope was really helpful for me.

We have the same assessment dates ironically, including when we handed in our fit notes however I didn't receive a small payment just usual assessment phase pay. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for the mention @littlep

Hello @laurapeach. It's quite difficult to advise without knowing more about your personal circumstances. They don't pay any extra UC for LCWRA until after 3 full assessment periods. But you should receive your 'standard allowance'. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    littlep said:
    Hi all, 

Thanks in advance! 
    Hi, I can't help but @Adrian_Scope was really helpful for me.

We have the same assessment dates ironically, including when we handed in our fit notes however I didn't receive a small payment just usual assessment phase pay. 
    Ahh thank you, I had a look at yours and it looks like I'll get my payment next month! I'll just have to try nd make money stretch this month. Adrian_Scope said:
    Thanks for the mention @littlep

Hello @laurapeach. It's quite difficult to advise without knowing more about your personal circumstances. They don't pay any extra UC for LCWRA until after 3 full assessment periods. But you should receive your 'standard allowance'. 
    Thank you Adrian, I've now had a look again and it looks like I'll get my payment next month. If it comes to it I'll ask if I can get an advance from them if I can't make the basic payment stretch. Thanks again for your reply! 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    When you log in, there should be a menu one says advances, click on it. Hopefully it will give you instructions to apply for an advance. Have you verfied your ID?
    Check and see you should be able to do it online if not give them a ring.
    All the best

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.