PIP change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP change of circumstances

Ess
Ess Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, first post so please bear with me if I do it wrong ?
I contacted PIP at the start of March about a change in circumstances and they sent me out forms which were to be back by 3rd April. I’m currently on standard rate care and mobility.
I sent the form back along with the report from the WCA I had in November 2019, where I was awarded LCWRA with no end date. I know they’re different benefits but I was hoping it would lessen the need for a face to face.
I know when I initially made a claim for PIP back in 2015 I received a text to say my forms had been received but I haven’t this time. I’m hoping it’s just due to the current Covid situation but wanted to check anyway as twice my forms for UC were lost, but it’s just a pre recorded message when I phone and can’t get through. Just wondering if anybody else has applied and had a text to say forms have been received?
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Ess
    Update. Managed to get through on phone. They have my forms and they’re with the assessor.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you managed to get through @Ess, best of luck!
    Scope

• Ess
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Hi I started my change of circumstances in Feb this year . I had a telephone assessment last week. I got a text next day saying they had my report. My assessment took one and half hours. I rang today to ask me to send me a copy of my report which they said they will do. I to on standard rate for daily living at moment.
  • Ess
    Hi Toffee. Hope it all goes in your favour. I’m not sure if they’ll use the report from my UC assessment but hoping so. When I went for that the assessor had to stop 15 mins in and get someone else to do it as I have scarring on my brain. Have to say though that the assessor who ended up doing it couldn’t have been nicer, and when I got the report sent to me it was all correct, nothing missed out and stated that the physical illness I have won’t ever get better, only progressively worse. Had that one at the end of November 2019 and was awarded LCWRA 3 weeks later. I’m hoping this one will go as smoothly! I phoned about change of circumstances 3rd March, sent forms back last day in March, and as of yesterday I know it’s with the assessor. With the UC one they contacted my GP so not sure if they’ll have used that evidence, contacted her again, or not have bothered at all. To be honest though I’m not sure what help that would be as, and I mean no disrespect to my GP, it’s an apparently rare condition and very few medical people are knowledgeable about it.
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    I hope all goes well for you and ty 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.