Universal credit LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit LCWRA

faydhar
faydhar Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hi all  I have recently  moved over to universal credit  at the time of my claim I was in receipt  of Esa  support  group  so i had been told by citizens  advice my support group would be carried over to my universal credit putting me in the Lcwra  group  . I've logged on to my journal  today and on my to do list it's asking for my to put in a fit note. I thought I did not have to do this 

Comments

• Gabbycat
    Gabbycat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My daughter had to start off with a fit note and after a few months she was contacted to do the assessment for work. She submitted her form and moved on to the payment without interview. I found asking questions via journal always got helpful reply so probably fine to ask them this question directly
  • faydhar
    @Gabbycat Was your daughter in esa support  group when she claimed  uc? .  
  • faydhar
    Any one  else moved over from esa support group  and had this problem?
  • hello20
    hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
    Hello 
    i came over from esa to uc an my support group was awarded month later on uc i had to notify them by leaving message on my journal .saying i was on support group an should automatically be transferred over to uc lwrca group sn they looked in to it an added it on 

providing fit note can trigger new assasement  adrian an poppy can advise they advised me hope this helps 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hello @faydhar. If you've not been found fit for work and were claiming ESA Support Group when you submitted your claim for Universal Credit, you should be automatically placed in the LCWRA and not be asked to submit fit notes. Your support group status is protected under regulation 19 and should be transferred to UC.

They do sometimes mess this up and you need to point it out to them. As @hello20 mentioned, submitting a new fit note can trigger a reassessment. I'd advise noting in your journal that you already have a 'determined award' for ESA and believe this should be transitioned to Universal Credit and shouldn't need to hand in fit notes and see what they say.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.