Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

melaniethorley
melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
Good morning everybody and hope you are managing fairly Ok during this strange times. My name is Melanie and I am a disability outreach (NOT recruitment) officer for a UK university. I have been the 'ask a disabled student advisor' for Scope for nearly three years. However, not all of my posts are relevant to post-16 education. After a discussion with @Adrian_Scope, I thought it would be a good idea to join the coffee lounge. We recently had our first ever STAART ART prize competition. Myself and some of my lovely STAART Ambassadors devised a 'draw a dinosaur' competition as a distraction from our unsettling situation. The youngest entrant was 3 and the oldest 53 and some of the dinosaurs were amazing although I was a little bit grumpy that neither of my entrants - Staartasaurus and Boredasaurus - were shortlisted. If you would like to see the dinosaurs, they are here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1494748690692646/

We are hoping to run another competition with bigger prizes soon and I will let you know as soon as the money has been approved for the prizes.

Stay well.

Comments

Brightness