Pip advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip advice needed

dynasty30
dynasty30 Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
hi all,as you know I claimed pip back in January and obviously filled in my forms but didn’t want to put loads and loads of examples of how bad my illness affects me,as I was keeping that for the f2f,now with covid19 it’s a telephone assessment tomorrow morning at 9.15am I’m so nervous I’m worried now because things I haven’t put on the form I shall bring up tomorrow will that go against my claim ????

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @dynasty30, I'm sorry we didn't see this until now. How do you feel your assessment went?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dynasty30
    I think it went as good as it could go,managed to explain the difficulties I face with certain aspects of daily activity’s and also how my mobility is down to 45 seconds before my legs run out of oxygen.
    i think I’ve covered most things and was totally honest about everything Which covered lack of diet due to Anorexia,lack of mixing with others Agrophobia,Depression I’m also a recovering alcoholic but have been sober two yrs.
    now with vascular disease of my legs I’m finding it hard infact it’s the worst of the lot.
    fingers crossed she said it could be upto six weeks too hear and if I wasn’t happy with the award I could appeal is that a normal phrase to end the call on that alone made me nervous ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @dynasty30.
    I'm glad you think it went okay. Ultimately, the assessor isn't the one who makes a decision. Instead they make a recommendation to a decision maker.

If you wait a week and then call up, you can request a copy of the assessment report and this will help to give you some idea of the recommendation.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dynasty30
    Okay I may do just that thank you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dynasty30 - Well done in getting through your phone assessment explaining how your disability affects both your daily living & mobility. As Adrian says, phone the DWP (Tel: 0800 121 4433), asking for a copy of the assessor's report in a week's time. Please let us all know how get on. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for you @dynasty30
    Scope

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessors report is a PA4
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• dynasty30
    Thank you for well wishes and kind replies.
    today someone phoned me asking me to rate the assessment and the assessor,I mean as far as I’m aware she was doing her job and was empathetic so I told the caller that,I just hope I’m not going to have to eat those words ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.