Pip Mr desion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Mr desion

Options
ali901
ali901 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi there hope your well 
I've been award standard rate pip 11 points daily my qwestion is that I should have got 12 points I'm one point off I mean I'm glad I've been awarded but should I apply for mr desion over the phone as I can't write and citizens advice is closed and don't have anybody who could help

Comments

• dynasty30
    dynasty30 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    That’s a tough one,think I’d be the same so close to the high award but I’d be personally scared incase I lost that totally,hope someone can give you some good advice 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I also fell 1 point short of enhanced care, but as I got enhanced mobility an ended up £40 a week better off on PIP than DLA, i let sleeping dogs lie.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• dynasty30
    Options
    /woodbine think I’d be the same I’m at the stage with mine I’d be happy with any kind of award now 
  • ali901
    Options
    Thanks ? I think im going to keep it  as I'm gratefully for it.
  • dynasty30
    Options
    It’s such a shame you missed out by one point that would torment the life out of me,glad you’ve come to a decision and wish you all the best /ali901
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Options
    Can they take off you what they have all ready awarded you? On a Mr as iam in the same boat 
  • ali901
    Options
    That's the thing that worries me, can they take off what they awarded me? 
  • Toffee
    Options
    That's what am wanting to know to? It's stressful do or don't I like you I don't want to loose what am given 
  • dynasty30
    Options
    I think I read it on here somewhere that you can lose what you’ve been awarded doing an MR,I just had my assessment today but if it comes back with 0 points I have nothing too lose by doing one but if I get an award I will be leaving mines as it is 
  • Toffee
    Options
    Yes think I will don't have it in me it's all to stressful good luck I hope it's the out come you want 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,617 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, the whole claim is reconsidered so they can take away points you already have.  

This is the sort of the case where it's best to get external advice before making your decision.  People that score 0 have nothing to lose by trying it but as you already have an award it's different.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it if you have no 'need' of the extra money from enhanced rate.  However if you'll be struggling on standard alone then it might be worth the risk.
  • Toffee
    Options
    I got 8 points for daily living standard rate. I have mixed  anexity and depressive disorder. And fibromyalgia and copd stage too. I know I am terrible at wording things my heads in a spin I wrote a email this morning of a link a kind person gave me on here 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.