Pip tribunals — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunals

Options
MooGoesTheUnicorn
MooGoesTheUnicorn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Just need to vent a little bit and ask for advice really

I have put in a claim for pip in February of 2019 went through a loooooooong process and finally got to a face to face tribunal in February this year, it got adjourned because the damn dwp didn't send in some of my papers, and with covid 19 I recently had a paper case and got  told the court would contact me. Well I here from them and the tribunal go adjourned AGAIN because they needed to hear from me. Now I'm waiting for a date for a telephone tribunal (my 3rd tribunal for the same case). Does anyone have any advice on phone tribunals? 

Comments

• neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 71 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, it's just a waiting game very frustrating. I applied last March last year got decsion in July, did MR got that decsion in November then I had a tribunal set for 1st April that was cancelled. I am waiting for a telephone Tribunal. I hope you don't need to wait much longer. I am in London so I guess the waiting time varies depending on where you are.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    for moogoestheunicorn, that is absolutely appalling!!! have you got your local mp and scope staff helping you?
  • MooGoesTheUnicorn
    MooGoesTheUnicorn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    katho31 said:
    for moogoestheunicorn, that is absolutely appalling!!! have you got your local mp and scope staff helping you?
    I can get help from staff on this site? I haven't even thought about contacting my local mp
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MooGoesTheUnicorn, I am so sorry you have been through this - I imagine you are frustrated!

A phone tribunal will probably follow the same layout of a traditional tribunal. They will want to hear about your experiences and how your daily life is affected. If you look at the descriptors you may have an idea about the kind of questions you will get.

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :) 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.