Hi, my name is Gemz88! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gemz88!

Options
Gemz88
Gemz88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello my name is Gemma I'm 31 years old I have mild learning and also mental health issues anxiety and depression I often get confused sometimes because of my ld and anxiety makes it harder to find activities and work because I feel anxious I live in supported living I have lived in care since 14 I Always think badly of myself and self esteem I like going out with my carers friends and I hope after lockdown is over I can see my mother again that's the person I always think about you know was I a mistake or failure to my parents my father died 7 years ago I wasn't really close with him for 2 years upto his death I have my mum Elaine 59 my stepfather John 56 my brothers Andrew 33 Simon 27 and James 24 I don't see much of my brothers but hopefully one day it will change I really wish I had I sister some of my closest friends are like sisters to me I just can't wait to see everyone again so now you know abit about me I'm. Friendly honest caring loving 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gemz88 - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Thank you for joining & saying about yourself. I'm pleased to 'meet' you. It really is difficult at the moment for most of us, & we miss our families even more with not being able to see them in some cases. I'm sure you're Mum is missing you too, & you'll both be so pleased to see each other when you can. You sound like such a kind & loving person, & this is what you're Mum will see in you. Love yourself too.
    I hope you enjoy being here in the community, & there's usually someone here for a chat, which can help when we feel that bit isolated just now. Take care. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @Gemz88! It's great to have you with us. :)

I imagine it's a big change not been able to go out with your carers and not see your mum. You are important and sure your mum is missing you a lot.

Please feel free to have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members, and if there is anything we can do to help then let us know. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Gemz88 and thank you for posting.
    Hopefully it won't be too long until you can see your mum again. This change and all the uncertainty surrounding it is really tough, but there are many here who are missing their families too, so in the meantime you're really welcome to become a part of our community here and if there's anything we can do to help you, just let us know. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gem88 and welcome to the Community.  It's really nice to meet you and have you on board!  Thank you for joining and sharing your story with us.  It is very difficult just now during lock-down and many of us miss our families and I can appreciate how much you miss your mum and she will be missing you also.  I do understand as I'm really missing my parents also and can't wait to see them again.  Hopefully it won't be too long now before lock-down is eased somewhat and we can return to some kind of normality.  Glad to hear you are so close to your friends that is lovely!  What would we do without our friends?!  You sound a lovely and warm person and I'm sure you will fit right in here and make lots of new friends.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway and hope you enjoy your time with us.

If we can be of any help or support to you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness