Pip/vascular disease — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip/vascular disease

Options
dynasty30
dynasty30 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I’m new here,put in for pip in January,telephone assessment of the 11th of this month,stress levels through the roof.
ive had a few things wrong over the yrs.
Agrophobia,Depression,Anorexia and alcohol abuse,may I add I’m 2.2 yrs sober.
walking went down hill dec 18 tired heavy cold legs can’t walk more than 45 seconds,angiogram done turns out my left leg has a 95% blockage and was diagnosed with peripheral vascular disease,but sometimes I think I won’t get pip and is it really worth all the stress that comes with it. 
Just wondering if anyone had been awarded for similar thank you in advance? 

Comments

• tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    You should  be able to claim for that for sure just make it clear how it affects you constantly.
    I did get pip with that condition but with a heart condition. That said your leg has had a worse diagnosis than mine.
    Go for it, just laugh at the stress  of it all,  its just a person on the phone after all.
    Dont let them lead you on with questions, try and record the call for back up if they start playing games in the report afterwards.
    Do not concede any point they attempt to make which understates your condition.
    Ignore advice that isnt positive and supportive, once you go ahead theres no room for doubt from  so called experts on here.
    Keep us informed how you go on. Good luck!
    Personally with that diagnosis with basically one fully functioning leg I would aim for higher rate mobility.
    Bear in mind the worst case scenario could be a process lasting 1-2 years but could even be very quick. 

• dynasty30
    dynasty30 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    had my phone assessment on the 11th of May I did feel I was cut of by some off the answers I was trying to give and the more I’ve sat and thought about it,it’s was like she was trying to answer the questions for me.
    just a waiting game now ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.