PIP first payment help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP first payment help

djr1994
djr1994 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hello everyone,

I applied for PIP in December (around 7th) and received a telephone assessment on 5th May. I haven’t received an award letter yet but was paid £575.40 today by PIP.
I was thinking I was going to get standard rate daily living and enhanced mobility due to a shattered leg.

Anyway can anyone work out of this is my monthly payment or backdated money as it doesn’t equate to any combination of rates and seems little for backdated money till December. 

Thanks again
Dyl

Comments

• djr1994
    Seems too little to be backdated money*
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @djr1994 - You could ring the PIP enquiry line to find out. Tel: 0800 121 4433. You can also ask for a copy of the assessor's report, as your assessment was a week ago, which will give a likely indication as to what you have been awarded, as the DWP Decision Maker usually goes with this. You still have to wait for your decision letter tho. The above is open from 8am, which might be a good time to ring. :)
  • djr1994
    Thanks for the replies. Turns out I was only awarded low mobility. This is the backdated payment for that. Asking for a copy of the report today as I can’t cook any meals, require 2 crutches to move around and can’t walk more than 20 meters. The telephone assessor seemed nice and understanding but all of this seems to have gone way over her head? 
    Thanks again
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hopefully the assessor's report will help you understand the award. Are you planning to appeal the decision @djr1994?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.