anime , am i the only fan????? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

anime , am i the only fan?????

Options
tazcat
tazcat Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY ANIME FANS LIKE ME ARE HERE IN THE LOUNGE?

Comments

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    Anime ? ..you have me beat there my friend ...do you mean animation ? ??
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @tazcat

Welcome to our community forum!

I believe anime is referring to Manga? If so I like it as well. I haven't watched anything recently, however I really enjoyed Cyber City, Guyver (the orginial series), Fist of the North Star and Street Fighter II the film and the TV series version.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I've never really tried anime, @tazcat. What anime would you recommend to a newbie?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tazcat, I have watched a few Studio Ghibli films which I enjoyed. That was a while ago though!
    Scope

• Sprads
    Sprads Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    tazcat  My name is Angela. I’ve literally just joined and I typed anime in the search site because I wanted to know if anyone was interest in anime like me and your post came up! I love anime! I watch it all the time - I belong to HIDIVE, Crunchyroll and Funimation to get my fix and I guess occasionally Netflix? I have a some anime dvds and I have some merchandise (I want more but it’s so expensive) and I also have some manga! 

My favourite genres are yuri (which focus on the themes or the development of the relationships themselves and not the sexual part that some have - I avoid these), Idol and music ones (like K-on, Love Live and Bang Dream), anything based on strong female relationships/friendships like at school or workplace (Like Toji no Miko, hibike euphonium, Little witch academia, Kinmoza), slice of life (Comic girls, New game, Kaguya-same Love is war, Gabriel Dropout), occasionally supernatural and magical girl to name a few anime. 

But I also try and watch anything that have my favourite voice actresses in which are Onishi Saori, Hondo Kaede, Minase Inori, Sakura Ayane, Kakuma Ai, TakaMina, Tomita Miyu, Suzushiro, Sayumi, Aimi, Ohashi Ayaka and Hikasa Yoko to name a few! Who are your favourites and what is your favourite anime? 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey Sprads, i'm not a fan of Anime, its a bit bewildering to me, but i'm glad you are, sounds like theres lots of variety in it, i like star wars myself and other films, if i was to just have a look at anime what would you suggest as a beginner? i'm open to try it

Brightness