Can you tell me what financial support I would be entitled to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you tell me what financial support I would be entitled to?

Options
kelly45
kelly45 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi,
I am currently employed full-time in a care home..
However I suffer multi level disc degeneration and facet joint osteoarthritis on Friday due to ddd one of my vertebrae slipped off the another and is currently not in and causing pain...
And no way am i risking my spinal cord i will not be able to continue in such a physical job
Could you help with financial support I would be entitled to, I'm a single parent with 2 children 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Kelly,

You should be entitled to Universal Credit but the exact amount will depend on your other circumstances.  

You may also be entitled to Personal Independence Payment, that's not based on work ability or diagnosis, it's based on your limitations with daily living and mobility.

Best thing to do is try one of the benefits calculators such as https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kelly45, I hope the above think is helpful. Is there anything else we can do to help? 

Also, feel free to have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. :)
    Scope

• kelly45
    Options
    Thank you for your replies.
    I have spoken to citizens advice and they are looking into all my options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I hope they've been able to help you @kelly45. You can also try our helpline on: 0808 800 3333
    (Open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm. Saturday to Sunday 10am to 6pm.)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kelly45
    Options
    Yes thank you...
    As I'm currently getting ssp which is a drop from a full time wage.
    I have sent for pip application form today.
    Do you assist with form filling only I just normally carry on and suffer in silence... I get my diagnoses for my symptoms then once I know this, I have a name for what's causing me problems and i very rarely use meds due to general anxiety disorder and only see a Dr when symptoms become worrying ?
    I will give you a call as I'm sure you'll be equipped with plenty of helpful advice
    Thank you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @kelly45.  Unfortunately we don't offer help with filling in forms. Normally this is something a local benefits advice service could help with. However, if you call our helpline, they can definitely give you some advice on filling in the form, talk through the questions with you and help find local assistance.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.