Appeal for PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal for PIP

Comments

• gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @laxy hi laxy did u have a f2f assessment or was it by phone?.
  • gillian72
    @laxy if it was f2f don't tell me I bet. it says u walking at normal gait signed in book np sat an stood up np bent down a picked ur bag up of the floor np an kept eye contact np reckon they are bots with same report built in there brains lol

• laxy
    laxy Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Norbs66 said:
    I have just received my appeal decision letter. They have awarded me enhanced on both and extended my award to Sept 2024 instead of July 2022. I am so relieved.

• laxy
    Norbbs66 please can you advice me on appeal to pip as the asessor lied in the report ....im so upset and sad i almost broke down on how they can lie about a person whos going through so much with cronic health conditions. Please help  
  • laxy
    gillian72 said:
    @laxy if it was f2f don't tell me I bet. it says u walking at normal gait signed in book np sat an stood up np bent down a picked ur bag up of the floor np an kept eye contact np reckon they are bots with same report built in there brains lol

But they cant judge us over the phone. 
  • Norbs66
    Norbs66 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    @gillian72
    It sounds like you have sent in a lot so fingers crossed you get the result you need. If you don't then go for MR and if still no change then appeal. If you give up they win and thats what they want. I know its hard but if you get help from CAB they do the admin side of it and it takes the pressure off you 
  • Norbs66
    @laxy
    Yes my report was full of lies. The assessor never mentioned the full blown anxiety attack I had. Claimed I got onto the couch and carried out all the exercises. I couldnt get on the couch and never did any exercises. For every descriptor she cut and pasted her answer from the first descriptor and used that answer for every descriptor. The appeal thankfully pulled her report apart and based their decision on my esa report and awarded me enhanced on both and a longer award. If you have your report then go through it and write what points you disagree with for every descriptor. Use words like I disagree with this because? Don't use words like the assessor has lied as that wont help. You have I think 28 days from the date the report was sent to you to lodge a MR which is a mandatory reconsideration. I did mine through CAB but I beleive you can submit a request for the MR online at gov.co.uk.They will take several weeks to reply especially at the moment. The decision maker will look at your case and decide whether to either up your points or to keep them unchanged. It has been pointed out to me in the past it is unlikely for the MR decision maker to change anything. Dont be disheartened by that. Once you receive the decision letter for the MR you have a set time to lodge a appeal. Hopefully by that time CAB will be open and they can help you apply for the appeal and guide you. If not see if there is a charity local to you who can advise. Do not give up. I know its stressful and hard but your truth needs to be heard. I am so glad I persisted with mine. When I read i had won my case I sobbed with relief because they beleived me. Good luck
  • laxy
    @Norbs66 Thank you so much ...do call them up for mr
  • Norbs66
    @laxy
    Im not sure. I went to CAB and they did my application online for the MR im assuming they used the gov.co.uk website 
  • laxy
    What is cab sorry dont know who they are ?
  • Norbs66
    @laxy
    Sorry they are Citizens Advice Bureau 
  • laxy
    @Norbs66

Thanks i figured it out after ?definetly i will do a mr on pip if not happy then i will apeal
  • Norbs66
    @laxy
    Good stick with it and good luck
  • gillian72
    @Norbs66  thankyou ? Do u think I'd be cheeky if I phone them for my reports, then say instead of sending them to me could u do me a favour when u have a spare 5mins could u pop them up stairs to the pip assessment department ha ha lol??
  • Norbs66
    @gillian72
    Ha ha I like that. It is all on computer they only have to click and send to the decision maker. Its better to habe your report so you can see what ia written and to keep it on file for yourself. I rang pip yesterday to see if they are sending me a letter detailing my new award and she told me dwp had written to the appeal board because they disagreed with the date. It was only one day out. Madness. But apparently I will receive the letter and back money Friday. Everything is a battle with them 
  • gillian72
    @Norbs66  omg what a joke that's  just  stupid  they should use that waste of time  an get on with the back log , well it's still fab news for you  norbs  it's only 24 hours  wotth lol ??
  • Norbs66
    @gillian72
    I know. But they are obviously in no hurry. I am on 2 Facebook groups for pip esa and all I am seeing is people who havent had a face to face but had a telephone assessment are winning and loads are winning tribunals as well. DWP must be fuming 
  • gillian72
    @Norbs66 lol well  I  phoned pip  an they said I had to ring  atos to  get a  appointment of them  I phoned  for one an reply was umm ahhh ummm I have no  appointments left looking at my screen I'm afraid we will have to contact u  when ones available story of my life lol it's my own fault anyway coz last yr  I  didn't turn up  for  my  pip  appel tribunal  so I have applied for fresh  claim 4  pip again ??
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,608 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Norbs66. Great news on your award big relief for you. 
  • Norbs66
    @gillian72

Damn. Well keep on at them and good luck

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.