Has anyone else been told this at tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone else been told this at tribunal?

boe
boe Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I just had my pip tribunrell over  the phone after waiting 18 months. At the end of it they explained to me how to appeal and to contact my ms nurse to help me. I said does that mean I have failed she said I cant say if you passed or not you will receive a letter but it’s because we base it on 18 months ago too so we need to tell u how to apply to explain the new symptoms . I’m taking to tell me how to appeal that means I have failed . Has any one been told this before aswell on their tribunrell ? X

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @boe and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear about your tribunal.  I haven't been through a tribunal myself so don't have any experience of this, but many of our members have been through DWP tribunals and may be able to share their experiences with you.  DWP is a minefield isn't it?!   I hope things work out for the best for you in the end anyway and please stay in touch and let us know how things go.  If we can be of any help/support then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • boe
    Yes it’s an awful experience and Thankyou x
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck with it, @boe and you are very welcome.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @boe - I haven't been through a PIP tribunal either, but can well imagine whether in person, or by phone, it must be very stressful.
    It sounds like you were perhaps being given guidance as to how to re-apply as your condition has worsened whilst waiting for your tribunal as the tribunal is about how you were at the time of your assessment. I can't speculate as to what the outcome of your tribunal might be, but it sounds like they understood your condition to have worsened, which your tribunal couldn't be based upon. There's a world of difference in saying, 'apply,' or 'appeal.'
    I wouldn't necessarily take it to mean your phone tribunal wasn't successful. Hopefully you'll find out soon. :)

• boe
    Hi thanks for your reply, I thought it was going ok but it’s the reason to why she told me to get my nurse to appeal  if I dnt agree with the decision . I kept questioning this is it basically her saying I failed or Jst that it has got worse my condition.   I don’t no if you apply for higher payments if your really ill I was told u do so I’m kinda hoping she means I’m just gettin the lower payment which Is what I do Want . But Is that even a thing do u apply for diffrent  payments ? Could she just be referring to that ? So worried it’s been such a long process ??
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I can't imagine what you've gone through, but it might be that you are now entitled to a higher award as your condition has worsened, or that the award length should be longer. Unfortunately it's hard to speculate on an Internet forum as to the outcome of your tribunal, but please do let us all know how you get on, then perhaps you may get better advice as to what to do. I'm sorry her response has worried you so, & it's taken so long to have a tribunal.
  • boe
    Thankyou so much for talking and yes il let you no outcome ?
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @boe a warm welcome to the community.
  • Victor
    Victor Community member Posts: 634 Pioneering
    Hi @boe -I hope it works out for you....
  • boe
    @Username_removed I’m hoping this is the case it’s a very hard process to go threw it’s been 18 months and after the call I Have been very worried . I hope this is case and they have not refused me . Thanks for reply ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope you're not kept waiting too much longer @boe. Please let us know when you hear. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • boe
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @boe hello, I sort of know how confusing it is after waiting so long when I had my esa appeal an my dla appeal back in 2011at the same time,they had to remind me on many occasions not the present day answers , it took over 2hours  I won my esa appeal I filled that form myself but got help filling in dla form all becoz the girl put on one of the questions that I couldn't walk at all on answer so they said they couldn't award me and. told me to apply for it again which I got turned down for it again lol. now I'm waiting to hear from  pip claim ??  hope u dont have to wait to long, good luck boe ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.