How is everyone doing today? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is everyone doing today?

Comments

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Thanks @Tammyjane33. I should be ok in a couple of days. My problem now is I need to get some shopping and as usual at the moment non of the supermarkets have got online deliveries slots available which is making me angry as I am watching the Tesco delivery vans go up and down the road all day. Probably delivering to people who just can't be bothered to que up outside the supermarket for 10 minutes! Oh well I will just have to go to the supermarket and do my shopping and hope it doesn't set me back!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Apologies for the late response @Tammyjane33. I officially went back to work today just over fourteen weeks after giving birth. But it was relatively easy, all I had to do is talk to the whole class for a hour this morning and teach them some maths as well. I used a old math textbook to help me. Then I had to call the current head of the maths department at lunchtime too to discuss the school reopening in September. And this afternoon I sat down and wrote some reminder emails to parents telling them that I have set the pupils two more exercises to do for their homework which must be handed to me the following week. I also provided clear and honest instructions regarding how I wanted them done. By the end of the lesson I was tired out. Seriously. All I wanted them to do was a easy worksheet and watch a video online then attempt half of a exam paper. 
    This evening I am now relaxing with a cup of nice wine. Teaching is very hard work. Tomorrow morning I basically get to do the same with another set. The difference is that I do not have to literally spoon feed or tell this group the answers, they are all a medium ability set thankfully. Their predicted grades are four to six. Not to say that the other lot are lazy however. I cannot leave them alone though. But tomorrow will be easier on me. I teach maths to four or five exam classes a week at a high school. I love it for the most part. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,438 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine sounds like you've done really well! Do you know what your next project will be? ?
    sunbathing  (in my garden of course0
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I do like a good to-do list! Although, getting to the bottom of them is another thing!

How are you today @Tammyjane33? :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    My depression has been playing up. I so want to g out but being on the at risk list I can't go out at all. I've had one flare after another.  So fed up ?

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Hi @AlisonNetty. Do you have a garden at all? It may do you some good to get a bit of fresh air. I'm sorry you're feeling fed up. It's a very difficult time.
    How are you keeping busy?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I've been keeping myself busy the last couple if days... thank you for asking Adrian _ Scope 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi everyone sorry for the late reply again I've been in a flare up so I have been sleeping alot, thank you for all your replies and feedback and I hope you are all staying safe. 
    Tammy ?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tammyjane33, sorry to hear you have been unwell.  I hope you are feeling a bit better now and having a nice weekend.  Yes, keeping safe and trying to keep busy, thanks for asking.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,791 Disability Gamechanger
    I've done some washing today and tidied around, not feeling 100 % after my seizure yesterday, spent the day online at various places and here to going over old threads, very interesting
  • Ails
    Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and had a seizure yesterday, @Grinchy.  I hope you feel better soon.  Glad you are enjoying the threads on here.  Yes, they are really good!  Have a nice night!  :smile:
  • Grinchy
    thanks @Ails, i'll be ok, appreciate it, just wipes me out for a day or two, yes the threads are great, lots of good information, you have a nice night yourself :)
  • Ails
    Thank you, @Grinchy:smile:
  • deb74
    Still dealing with the after effects of that damn virus way back in March. I am better than I was but I am still not back to normal. I think this is going to go on for a while yet! If I had know having the virus was going to affect me this much I would have isolated myself.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    You are in my prayers @deb74! I also hope that you feel better soon. We were originally supposed to go away on Wednesday afternoon for seven days as a family. But that has had to be postponed until mid September due to the lockdown. On Wednesday night my partner and I will have our monthly date night instead.
    We are going to basically pretend that life is normal, play a quick game of cards as a couple, have a small cup of wine and also order a takeout. We may also do some cool art or watch a meaningful film too. I might even dress up but not totally decided yet about that. We will probably also make biscuits or cookies for this weekend. 

Other original ideas for next month's date night welcome.  

What is everyone else doing this week?  
  • deb74
    Hi @April2018mom. Thanks. I have only just seen your message. I am feeling a bit better now but still not quite back to normal yet.
  • jasmineirani
    jasmineirani Scope Volunteer Posts: 103 Pioneering
    Hello I am doing fine today. More than alright because I have just done a meditation video which really helped. 
  • Grinchy
    Hey, feeling a bit meh! had a couple of seizures today which wipe me out, need to get out and sort my shed so i can do some artwork, just can't get motivated today, well tomorrows another day, see what happens
  • Ails
    Sorry to hear this, @Grinchy.  I hope you feel better soon and able to get on with your artwork.  :smile:
  • Grinchy
    cheers @Ails just part of life at the minute, i appreciate it, cheers!

Brightness