Your fancy dress of choice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your fancy dress of choice?

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2020 in Coffee lounge

Family takes dinner up a level by dressing up every night during lockdown

Some of their dinner looks have been inspired by the likes of Tiger King, Peaky Blinders, Quentin Tarantino movies, steampunk, rugby, Oktoberfest and much much more.

Anyone else utterly impressed that they had most of these outfits just lying around their house already? Snaps for these guys.

Featured in the pictures are Peter and his wife Megan Borg-Neal, Peter’s stepdaughter Helena Ellis, Helena’s boyfriend Matt Chennells, who chose to stay with the family for the duration of the coronavirus lockdown, and Megan’s godson Jonty Eslin.
These are amazing! If you could dress up for dinner who would you be?
Scope

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    That is funny! I’m not sure however who I would dress up as for a fancy dress dinner costume party. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    That is funny! 
    Every Halloween my family and I have a evening costume party. We wear ordinary clothes during the day. Then we dress up at five pm. Last year I wore a nun costume that I ordered online. If I could have a fancy dress dinner party, I’m not sure who I would dress up as maybe a nun? Or perhaps I could look at other costumes. My daughter likes her Sleeping Beauty costume which I got her on Christmas Day. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    an ugly sister from Cinderella. Due to Lockdown I have not bothered with my hair...it is too long and the grey roots are horrendous....my nails are unkempt. I`m wearing scruffy clothes.

At other times, my hair is coiffured, my nails are manicured and painted, my clothes are tidier.

Do I wanna stay like this?
    Hell no!
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm sure you look lovely @pollyanna1052! Comfy clothes are always good. :)
    Scope

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    A good idea for a thread, my wife and i got dressed as shrek and fiona a few years ago, i made the shrek head myself, it had fans inside to cool you down,
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited May 2020
    Brilliant costumes @Grinchy! How did you manage to put fans inside the head to keep you cool? That's so creative. 

The most recent thing I dressed up as was a Whoopee Cushion as I've made the mistake of allowing the kids to always choose a Halloween costume for me.  :# 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Grinchy
    Woopee cushion sounds like a great costume, any pics? as for the shrek, i had my own business before i got to ill, making masks and props, so it wasn't hard to add a couple of pc fans inside the head, glad you liked the pic
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Grinchy said:
    Woopee cushion sounds like a great costume, any pics?
    No.  :lol:

I imagine the extra ventilation certainly helped. Nice one.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Grinchy said:
    A good idea for a thread, my wife and i got dressed as shrek and fiona a few years ago, i made the shrek head myself, it had fans inside to cool you down,
    This is amazing @Grinchy!!! 

I'm not really one for dressing up but that looks so good!
    Scope

• Grinchy
    cheers @Chloe_Scope, we had fun with it, glad you liked it

Brightness