Pip reviews — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reviews

gogglebox
gogglebox Community member Posts: 6 Listener
What do you think the likelyness of the reviews/face to face assessments will be suspended longer than the initial 3 months in June.

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2020
    Face to face will almost certainly continue to be suspended.  But I do wonder if they may start doing reviews again just over phone or on paper.  

It won't be safe to carry out F2F until there's a vaccine which is still 6 months+ away at the moment.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, we won't know when f2f assessments will return. There is a possibility that assessments will be carried out over the phone, but we will just have to wait for government guidance.   
    Scope

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    many thanks to you all for responding  :) and i will keep you updated as soon as i know anymore
  • kass
    kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Hi 

I had my PIP stoped on the 23rd April 2020 is was due to end then I had my face to face in march this year and the decision maker made his decision in April I know the the Benfits as been  extended for 3 months but mine stoped completely.....I didn't get an extension is this right or should I have got an extension 

Thx 
  • kass
    kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    I had an assessment in 2016 it never went to tribunal so yes award by DWP
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @kass. I can completely understand how worried you are about your finances. I've seen on another post you've applied for an mandatory reconsideration because the decision from your most recent assessment didn't offer you an award. Unfortunately in those circumstances there is no extension.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.