No esa payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No esa payment

Dawn123456
Dawn123456 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
As anyone eles been paid OK mine was due 15th May not in today either phone them twice Friday any help would be welcome 

Comments

• Dawn123456
    edited May 2020
    Has anyone had issues with esa benefit has mine has not gone in 15th May 2020 and them say I had it paid no reference number having a right game getting it 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Dawn123456 and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you've not received your ESA. There's been a few similar complaints over the last few weeks but they've been resolved when calling ESA.
    Am I understanding correctly that ESA have said the payment was sent but can't/won't provide a payment reference number?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Dawn123456
    Yes it was sent in another name to a person I'm in familiar with had to phone again but I'm waiting on a call back as the money seems to have been paid out to someone eles but I'm having problems getting my benefits they are 4 days late now and I'm getting worried as no one seems to be helping me.. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    As Adrian says there have been some problems recently most related to the bank holiday 8th May, think it threw the system by being a Friday not a Monday, I can't understand how it would be sent to a person you are "familiar" with, have you shared a bank account with them at some point?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Dawn123456. To echo @woodbine, I'm not sure how it would be sent to a different person unless this was specifically requested. Is the ESA usually paid to you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Dawn123456
    Yes I've never requested for someone eles to have it so I'm hoping to get clarity today on 5th day still no benefit it's a struggle when no one is helping me get it never mind hopefully today might sort it for me fingers crossed 
  • Dawn123456
    Well I've been refused any benefits until they get it back to them as it has my reference number on it so fingers crossed it bounce back so then they will know its mine but by law they have to wait then I will prove it by my bank account I haven't had it its a long slow process and it's there error but they have left me in limbo

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.