PIP review . Extension. Assessment ? Help plz — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review . Extension. Assessment ? Help plz

suzannah17
suzannah17 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received my review forms February sent them back, after sending further evidence I then called them to make sure they got my form and evidences as I had no acknowledgement. After asking what’s going on with my claim the woman said my payments have been extended for 6 months due to the current situation. She wasn’t listening to my question. Being do I have to wait till the end of the 6 months for my review to start rolling again, or are they just extending it so I still get my money but is going to review me in the meantime when they can? 

My disabled badge expires soon and council have emailed me to renew but I don’t have the new award yet ?? The advisor from the 1st call said based on what I’ve sent witch is a lot I’ll more then likely have a telephone assessment and said decision takes up to 8 weeks.. well I’m on week 7 today and had no telephone assessment or a letter inviting me for one.. it’s so confusing one tells you one thing then the next says another, I have autism and this is severely distressing me now completley mind baffling

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi; like most things nothing is quite what it should be, the good news is that your payments have been extended for six months, no doubt at some point they will either make an award based on the info you sent in or arrange for a tele assessment. I know its easy to say but try and just wait and see what happens.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suzannah17, how are things going? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.