Share your favourite books - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Share your favourite books

Comments

• JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    @Username_removed
    Gary Larson is fantastic! Enjoy :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    JenCo said:
    Has anyone read The Wife Between Us yet? Just finished.... not massively impressed despite rave reviews. 
    Starting Lord of The Rings again to make up for it :)
    @JenCo, what is it about?

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series at the moment. :)
    Scope

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    Great thread, i'm rereading a lot of terry pratchet at the moment, the discworld series of books, very interesting reads
  • Chloe_Scope
    edited May 2020
    How are you finding it @Username_removed?
    Scope

• Uncommon_name
    Uncommon_name Community member Posts: 9 Connected

A very short story Sufficiently short I’ve read it’s 151 small pages tonight. Sufficiently confusing inadequate to start again 10 pages in just to ensure I knew which voice was which. I’m not sure about the ending at all but the book is as haunting as reviews suggested. A book to leave you with a slightly disturbed uneasy feeling.

A recommendation? Hmm, you decide.

That made me both want to read it and not want to read it all at the same time! 
  • JadeB90
    JadeB90 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Do we have many readers in here? I love crime fiction novels, it's usually my go to genre but i've been trying out some new stuff too as i've started a book blog.
     What are your favourite titles/authors?  :)<3
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I read a book a week most weeks, I don't have a favourite author or genre, I'll read anything, in normal times I always try and support local charity shops by buying books from them and donating them as well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ronni
    Ronni Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Hi JadeB90 I big fan of Crime books to. Especially Patricia Cornwells : Scarpetta serious.
    And James Pattersons: Womens Murder Mystery club. I quite few books behind on both .
    Also books from Torey Hayden who writes stories of her time as a special needs teacher
     As well as other books by Harper and Collins true story section is inspiring. Throw in a bit of Stephen king and Dean l koontz sci fi I'm an all rounder.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    I love to read, i enjoy biographys of famous  movie people, actors/ actresses behind the scenes people to, also enjoy Terry pratchett, working my way through the disc world books, very funny author
  • JadeB90
  • JadeB90
    @ronni dean koontz writes my favourite series - odd thomas. i've lost count of the times i've read them now lol. I also really like tess gerritson - she does the 'bones' series :)

• Ronni
    @JadeB90. Love the Bones tv series didnt read the books.
    Thinking of getting and ebooks reader or tablet. Eye sight not to good havent read in a while. Thought with them might allow enlarge text. Miss reading.
  • Ronni
    @scotleag
    Thank you for the info the kindle sound perfect. 
  • JadeB90
    @ronni i'm with @scotleag on that one. I love hardback copies and nothing beats the real thing of course, but a kindle is a perfect idea. It's so handy!
  • Ronni
    @scotleag a hard back 900 pages whoa. Just avoid north and south in hard back.  You'd  need on wheels to carry it around.
  • Ronni
    love charity shop book. Can novels and text
     Back a few decades ago they sell something not a book but original readers digest. Every since I was I kid love that pocket size. Proper investigative journalism. I once huge going back 1950 you could see the world. change. It began 1890s approx.

Could get old books  from charity my first was 1930s print of letters from Browning. Finney letters and poetry to his friends especially Kipling.
    Unfortunately not many charity shops are wheelchair accessible nowadays.

• Lauren95
    Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Hi am a big book reader I love real life books and history, the call the midwife series and Cathy glass She’s a  Foster carer, and things like that what does everyone else like ? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Morning guys! How are you all?

I have just finished reading The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes, a great read! It was such a good plot that had a few twists and turns!
    Scope

• JenCo
    JenCo said:
    Has anyone read The Wife Between Us yet? Just finished.... not massively impressed despite rave reviews. 
    Starting Lord of The Rings again to make up for it :)
    @JenCo, what is it about?

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series at the moment. :)
    It's meant to be a psychological thriller but it wasn't very thrilling. Good holiday read I think but I like a book to keep me guessing when it comes to mysteries. 
  • JenCo
    JadeB90 said:
    Do we have many readers in here? I love crime fiction novels, it's usually my go to genre but i've been trying out some new stuff too as i've started a book blog.
     What are your favourite titles/authors?  :)<3
    Awesome! How's the blog going?

As far as favourite authors go I absolutely adore Agatha Christie when it comes to mysteries and crime. For new stuff do you have a genre in mind?

Brightness