Shop work! Convenience store! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shop work! Convenience store!

TORCHWOOD
TORCHWOOD Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there! My name is Lord: Sheriff Torchwood! I would like to ask, for help in finding a job, I used to work in a convenience store for three years, but I have been out of a job for a while, as I was not getting paid! Shop work is all I know, as I work in a shop for three years, I did enjoy working in a shop and I would like to get to work, working in that industry again! I live in Warminster, but I am planning to move, in the future, to the coastal area!
From Lord: Sheriff Torchwood.

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TORCHWOOD and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear that you have been out of a job for a while, but glad to hear you wish to get back into shop work.  That's great!  Scope can certainly help you with that as they have a Help To Work scheme, which is both online and over the telephone and you can find the link below, if you are interested -

https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/support-to-work/

Have you also looked at any job sites on the internet as these sometimes advertise for shop work too?  Also the newspapers are a good source for jobs also.  Where are you planning to move to?  I wish you well in finding a job and with your move!  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on with it all.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • TORCHWOOD
    TORCHWOOD Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I am planning to move to Watchet or Westward Ho area, I have lived in Warminster for over 15 years now and it is now time for a change!
    From Lord: Sheriff Torchwood.
  • Ails
    That's great, @TORCHWOOD!  We all need a change at some point in our lives!  Good luck with your move and I hope you are very happy in your new area!  :smile:
  • Ails
    That's great, @TORCHWOOD!  We all need a change at some point in our lives!  Good luck with your move and I hope you are very happy in your new area!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TORCHWOOD I spent all my working life in and around retail and loved every second of it, I hope you get to move and find a new job, good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness