Anxious but here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxious but here

katicorn
katicorn Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, I'm Kate. To be honest I was undecided on whether to join this community or not due to my social anxiety, which is just one of the difficulties I have to contend with. Ultimately I've managed to push past that feeling, join, and am looking forward to hopefully becoming a part of this community.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    So pleased you've joined us all @katicorn. We're a good bunch really! This is a very friendly & supportive community, where we try to help, & certainly do look after each other. So thank you for being brave & joining us all. Please have a look around at the different discussions, visit our 'Coffee lounge' https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge    as well as chat here. You'll soon get to meet others, & I hope you enjoy now being part of our community. :)

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katicorn and welcome also from me to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and have you on board.  Thank you for joining us and great to hear that you felt you could.  The forum is a great space for support, friendship and good chat.  You will be made to feel really welcome here as lots of lovely people on our Community.  It's a great way to meet new friends too and I'm sure you will fit right in.  Please chat to us anytime and as @chiarieds has already explained, we have lots of great discussions on here so feel free to join in any of them you find interesting in your own time.  I look forward to seeing you on here.  If you have any questions at all or need help with anything then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @katicorn and a warm welcome to the community. 
    I'm glad you took the plunge and joined us and I hope you will soon feel comfortable enough to get involved in some of our discussions. We're a friendly and welcoming group and as both @chiarieds and @ails have said, we all do our best to look out for and support each other. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katicorn
    Thank you all for the welcome. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @katicorn! Loving the username!  :D
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @katicorn. How are you doing? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katicorn
    Hi @Adrian_Scope. I'm still going, which is always a good thing. I've been dealing with pain both joint related and migraine/headache related. I'm waiting on a call from my neurologist with a date for yet another lumbar puncture, so far I've had 6 in 10 months  :|
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @katicorn lovely to see you here. I hope you get an appointment soon, dealing with pain on a daily basis is enough to make any one feel anxious. 

Brightness