Hi, my name is Debsy37! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Debsy37!

Debsy37
Debsy37 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, I have joined Scope to receive support when necessary and if I can help anyone along the way then, GREAT STUFF!
I have Fibromyalgia, Long term Anxiety & Depression along with severe Asthma and Bronchial issues.
I have a son that has just turned 18, and is off to Uni in September. He is my life and I am so very proud of all he has achieved and become.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @Debsy37.
    It's great to have you here. How have you been getting on during lockdown?

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to shout. In the meantime, feel free to get stuck in on our recent discussions, or visit our virtual coffee lounge for some lighter topics.

Hope to see you around. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Debsy37. :)

How are you?
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Debsy37 - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. Thank you for your kind post. This is what this community is about; we all try to help each other as much as we can. So, thank you for sharing about yourself, & your son. I also have one I'm proud about. What is your son going to study? :)

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Debsy37 and welcome also from me to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and have you on board!  Thank you for offering to help us out.  That is great and I'm sure you will make a very valuable contribution to the Community.  I enjoyed reading your introduction and your lovely words about your son.  

I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and find it a useful place to be.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Debsy37 a warm welcome from me too. 

Is your son leaving home to go to uni, that will be hard for you.

I have a 13 year old son who is my rock and I dread the day he might want to leave home, I know it will be a while yet but something Im not really looking forward to  
  • Debsy37
    Welcome to the community @Debsy37. :)

How are you?
    Hi Chloe Thanks for your message. I’m not too bad at the moment but, like all the UK, it’s been hard. My mum has been very ill too so that made it that bit tougher- but we’re soldiering on xxx
  • Debsy37
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @Debsy37 - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. Thank you for your kind post. This is what this community is about; we all try to help each other as much as we can. So, thank you for sharing about yourself, & your son. I also have one I'm proud about. What is your son going to study? :)

Hi Chiarieds
    My son is going to study Forensic Psychology with an element of Criminology. I’m so proud of him x
  • Debsy37
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @Debsy37 a warm welcome from me too. 

Is your son leaving home to go to uni, that will be hard for you.

I have a 13 year old son who is my rock and I dread the day he might want to leave home, I know it will be a while yet but something Im not really looking forward to  
    Hi Janer1967
    Yes he’s going to live on campus- it’s not financially viable to commute (trust me, I checked!! LOL)
    Ahhhh 13, the first steps into his teens! It is a dreading thought but when the time comes it won’t be as bad as you feel now xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Debsy37, sorry to hear your mum hasn't been very well. Do you have enough support at the moment?

Your son's course sounds really interesting! 
    Scope

Brightness