PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

I didn't do the mandatory reconsideration due the ongoing pandemic

Kezzalou86Kezzalou86 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
I got turnt down for pip can I re apply I don't feel that there investigations where done correctly and my circumstances have changed a bit since I was assessed. I didn't do the mandatory reconsideration due the ongoing pandmic

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kezzalou86 and a very warm welcome to the community. When did you get your PIP decision?

Missing the deadline

If you miss the 1-month deadline, you can still ask the DWP to reconsider, if it’s within 13 months of the date on your decision letter.

You must have a good reason for missing the deadline. Reasons include:

• you were given wrong information by a benefits adviser
    • you were caring for an ill partner or relative
    • you’ve been mentally or physically unwell
    I would say that the pandemic would mean you can request an MR. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 8,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kezzalou As detailed above if you have missed the dealine for MR you may be able to still complete as the pandemic could be sufficient reason.

What investigations were you expecting them to do ? they mainly go on the information you give on your application also the assessors report and any medical evidence you supplied.

They do not really do investigations it is jo to the applicant to provide relevant evidence to back up the claim
  • FetlockFetlock Member Posts: 79 Courageous
    You have 13 months from the original decision to register a reconsideration. In theory, the longer you wait, the more they should consider if there's good reason for a late MR but more often than not the reconsideration is registered and looked at if it's within the 13 months without any fuss.
Sign in or join us to comment.