Help with bedding change — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with bedding change

Queenie1919
Queenie1919 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi i have ms and my husband has parkinsons we dont have carers as we both manage the best we can apart from changing the beds which my friend normally does but but due to corona she cant, i have been in touch with lots of services but have been told nobody can come out to do it, we are willing to pay, can anyone help please.
Tagged:

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there,

Is your friend shielding or very vulnerable herself?  Or would she have to take public transport?

If she's able to drive and not shielding, she would be allowed to visit you to change bedding as it counts as a medical need.   Ideally she would need to wear appropriate PPE (mask & gloves) while in your house, as any other carer would.

Alternatively, could you ask a trusted neighbour?  There are also 'neighbour help schemes' in some areas, so it might be worth looking for one of those.  They tend to be advertised on places like Facebook.

• Queenie1919

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. She only lives round the corner so she walks here, she normally does it for me, shes not shielding and not vulnerable but i would have to ask if she has mask and gloves, thank you again stay safe and well.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Queenie1919, if she is offering support and is able to use PPE then it will be okay for her to change your bed as long as social distancing is maintained. 

I hope you manage to get this done soon. :)
    Scope

• Queenie1919
    Hi, got in touch with adult social and they gave me 3 numbers to ring so i rang one and the came with gloves and masks and changed the bedding, it felt so nice getting into fresh bedding :smile:

Brightness