Waiting on uc85 report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting on uc85 report

positivemama
positivemama Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
Good morning,
 Hope all are doing as well as can be. 

I had my uc health assessment on 1st feb 2020 & still waiting on their decision and the uc85 report. It's been longer than 14 weeks at this point from when j had the assessment and my illness has gotten worse causing me to faint. I reported the change in health on my u.c account. I requested a copy of the uc85 report & I was told uc doesn't have it. I called the assessment centre & they said it was sent to the day of my assessment to the decision centre.

Am a lone parent with no physical help at all. 
I'm wondering how long they take to give me the answer & when will I get a copy of the report ?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @positivemama Welcome to the community.

I am sorry you have been waiting, but it is at a difficult time for everyone and DWP are dealing with so many new benefit applications and all on reduced staffing levels. I know this doesn't help you, the only thing you can do is keep contacting them for an update, maybe put an entry in your online journal for an update on progress.

At this moment in time I wouldn't say about the worsening of condition as this could trigger the whole process to start again, wait until you have a decision. Your claim is based on your condition at the time of assessment and changes wont be taken into account for the claim you currently are waiting for a decision on
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @positivemama
    You should have had a decision by now, that's a very long wait.
    Sadly it seems hit and miss depending on who you speak with as to whether you can get a copy of the report sent easily. 
    It would be worth calling again and asking someone else. The report is sent to them electronically and should already be with them. They may have thought you meant the decision maker's report, which it sounds like they haven't produced yet. 

Some people find asking how to make a complaint prompts a bit of action so might be something to consider.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • positivemama
    Janer67,
     thanks for your reply. Indeed it is very hard times for everyone. I don't mean to sound like no one else is allowed to feel affected. I have updated the health section ready a few days ago, the person who wrote to me said it's best I do that so it can be used as evidence incase of an appeal. This whole uc50 paper work started in November 2019 so it's literally 6 month in the process. Bless all of the staff who are working in such uncertain times. I feel for them. 

Adrian, cheers. I was just after the medical report that the lady who did my face to face  wrote/typed. Am.interested to see what was written as that day I was there I was on a bad crash and couldn't walk without the aid of my stick and I have tremors in my brain. My friends partner had to take me and carry my small hand bag I was that much of a state. Was a very emotional day. 
  • positivemama
    Still waiting for my results a year and a month from assessment date 1st feb 2020 & still submitting sick notes
    Anyone else still waiting?
    U.C health assessment 
  • janer1967
    Hi that seems a very long time to be waiting have they said they cant make a decision without a f2f assessment 

Have you chased it up at all 
  • positivemama
    I had my f2f on feb 1st 2020. I have asked 3 times since i last posted here & still no answer. 
  • janer1967
    Ring them up and ask to speak to your case manager or request a call back . Explain the waiting time is unacceptable 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.