Day 57 in the big brother house... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Day 57 in the big brother house...

Uncommon_name
Uncommon_name Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I can’t believe we’ve been in lockdown for 57 days (it’s actually been longer for me but that’s another story)

I’ve just looked it up and it would take 351 hours to walk from London to Italy. So in all the time we’ve been in lockdown, I could have walked to Italy and back ... TWICE! 
So how have I spent it? Watching TV and eating junk!! I hope I’m not the only one

What about you? Has anyone used this time productively? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uncommon_name i've tried to use it productively as I have been able to, on my good days I've painted the outside of the house, some painting inside, i've sprayed the roof (its not that high up) to get rid of the moss, painted two ceilings, done a lot of gardening and rested in between. Must admit I refuse to watch TV during the day (don't watch that much at night tbh). We have been keeping an eye on some of our elderly neighbours, but we have maintained social distancing and only gone shopping once a week and to the chemist when needed (which is almost every week).
    It used to drive me mad if I couldn't get out every few days, but I've got used to it now and it will probably change how we live forever.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uncommon_name, thanks for the interesting thread.  The sun has helped while in lockdown so been spending a lot of time in the garden just pottering about which I love!  Also had the odd trip to the local shop on my scooter.  I have some hobbies that I do from home such as card-making and knitting.  I've also done a couple of online courses which I really enjoyed.  Apart from that I must admit that I'm a bit of a TV addict so watched the box too!  Hopefully lockdown will ease up soon.  Hope you are keeping safe and well.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi very interesting thread, if only I could walk then a walk to Italy would be good don't know if its possible to walk on water though.

I have had the challenge of home schooling to deal with which keeps me busy part of the day and I must admit over that's over I need a chill with a cuppa and either tv or listen to some music

I get out once a week to do food shopping,

I cant wait to get my hair cut       
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uncommon_name a really interesting point!

I have been reading a lot during lockdown which has been a welcome change. Although energy has been lower!
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    52 days since I left the house.

Made 50 masks for charity, made 30 cushions for hospices, hospitals

Made several aprons and bags.

Still sewing
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Some of the time I like to catch up on sleep, read/send emails or shower.

That aside yes I have generally been active and busy at home. I have done a lot of reading too. Plus every week I walk to the local farmer market to buy some fresh fruit and vegetables on Thursday morning as well. Apart from that, I mainly have done some online futurelearn courses in my spare time, lots of cooking and am about to learn to write things in French. Also been going on short walks in addition. Tomorrow I might start learning how to write letters and articles in French. 

@Ails what was the name of that Bible course? 
  • positivemama
    positivemama Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    edited May 2020
    Day 66 coming to an end for me.
     :)  complete shielding, no outings to shops for food or walks in the park etc

I've tried my hand at making bread for the first time. I will let the bakers do that from now on. I keep wanting to buy a sewing machine to make summer cotton kaftans as j dud years ago so that may be my next crafty thing.
    Most of my time has been on parenting (lone parent) and keeping in contact with my parents overseas. 
    I also read a book on pandemics of this century which I really enjoyed. 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @April2018mom.
    The bible course I was doing has now unfortunately finished, as they were only running it for 5 weeks in the run up to Easter, sorry!  However, they run courses all the time and the organisation is called Bible Gateway, here is their link -

https://www.biblegateway.com/

I would recommend one of their courses as the one I did was fascinating and really worthwhile.  So I hope you find one that suits you too and enjoy it.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness