Making new friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making new friends

Lauren95
Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
Morning  am Lauren  I have mild to medium cp  am 24 years old i would love to make new friends that are like me,’and I like reading Harry Potter and I love animals and nature, I have 2  reptiles a beaded dragon called Freddie and a pancake tortoise called George, I like going out on days out like history.  And when am working I work in a care home with people with dementia and Alzheimer’s  And possibly if I make friends on here if your not to far away possibly meet up after lockdown. 
Hope your all coping ok with lockdown thank you for reading ?

Comments

• jasmineirani
    jasmineirani Scope Volunteer Posts: 103 Pioneering
    I struggle to make new friends but I am doing very well on this community site. If you don't mind me asking, what is cp? I have never heard of that before and have just asked my mum and she dosen't know either. 
  • Lauren95
    Hello cp is short for cerebral palsy it’s a Disability it’s basically Brain damage there’s different levels of it. For an example someone might able to talk not walk or sometimes a person can’t walk or talk and can’t do anything for themselves. But I am mild to medium which basically means in my case I can walk and talk but I walk like a limp but I sometimes forget to pick up my feet for an example. I work in a care home and know lots of people but I  am struggling to find people I can be friends that take me for the person I am. 
  • RobLam
    RobLam Community member Posts: 6 Listener
  • Lauren95
    Hi how are you what’s your name ? 
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Hi Lauren95
    It's nice to meet you! You sound like a young person, which might mean that although you like working in the care home, you could do with friends your own and have a good social life.   So, you come to the right place here and I hope that given time you will see friends that you have made here.  By the way, what's your favourite biscult?  We have been discussing that since lock down.  Just can't decide!  Mine's Ginger Snaps.
  • Lauren95
    Hello Denise11 yes am going to be 25 at the end of June. And would love friends my own age  with my sort of level of  cp hopefully I will make friends here. My favourite biscuit is custard creams actually once o start eating them I can’t stop ? ginger snaps sound nice ? 
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hello @Lauren95 Welcome to the forum! 

Our community forum is a great place to make friends and we are all supportive. How are you doing today?

While I had never had reptiles myself I do like them, how big is your tortoise?

Anthony
  • Lauren95
    Hello Anthony George is a pancake tortoise he’s about 3 years old he’s about 20 centuries long and he will live for roughly 35 years ?
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    Wow that is pretty small!

You mentioned the Harry Potter books, while I have seen all the films, I haven't got around to reading the books. It is something on my reading list. Have you read The Lord of The Rings books? they are really good.

Also have a look at this thread in the forum, if you looking for other book recommendations or want to suggest any
    https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/69447/share-your-favourite-books
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RobLam and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and thank you for joining us.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If you have any questions for us or need help/support with anything then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    @Lauren95 I love Harry Potter who is your favourite character? Mine is Luna Lovegood <3
  • Lauren95
    Morning  M Anthony I haven’t read the lord of the rings books even though I might give them a ago, I would definitely read the books it gives a bit more details in the books then the films though am fan of both. I will definitely have a look at the thread at the book suggestions. 
  • Lauren95
    Morning alieshia  so glad someone is just as Harry Potter mad as me, ? I love Luna lovegood too, she’s one of my favourite character one of mine as well is  everyone in Harry Potter. ❤️
  • Ayoung1979
    Ayoung1979 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Good morning everyone! I'm Amy and I have mild CP. I have been affected with it since I was born.  I'm 40 y.o. though.  I have been through ups and downs but I'm making it.  Especially during this hard time we're all going through.  I just joined community scope and am looking for people to talk to.
  • RobLam
    RobLam Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    hii Amy im Rob from uk got cp
  • Ayoung1979
    Ayoung1979 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
  • jasmineirani
    Good Morning everyone. Sorry I haven't been online lately because I have been busy. How is everyone getting on. Hope all is well. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren95 and a warm welcome to the community. :) 
    Scope

• Lauren95
    Hi Amy am Lauren I have mild to medium cp too looking forward to getting to know you ? what are your interests ? 
  • jasmineirani
    Hi Amy My interests are Zumba, Wordsearch, and watching tv. I also like going to cinemas and theatres which we can't do at the moment. What are your interests?

Brightness