Pip and blue badges — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and blue badges

Options
Brumboy68
Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
Having scored 12 points on my mobility part ( the journey) of the medical assessment report, still awaiting the official confirmation woukd that automatic qualify me for a blue badge.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi are you still awaiting confirmation of your award decision? you will need to wait for a written decision.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    Yep got medical report Thursday so expecting award letter sometime soon, can't see them changing medical decision.. Scored 12 on question 11 planning journeys. I wasn't going to do anything on blue badges until I had official confirmation, just seeking advice. From what I can gather on here Dwp seem to be quite quick in sending decision letters out following medical reports. A few people have been posting that a few days after receiving their medical report they have had backdated payments into their banks well in advance of the award letter. I will be checking mine next week for sure.......
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    You need to score at least 8 points for the moving around activity to automatically qualify for a blue badge.
  • alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Brumboy68 If you live in England to get automatic eligibility for a Blue Badge under the Planning Journeys criteria you need to score exactly 10 points on this descriptor. 12 points doesn't give automatic eligibility but it also doesn't mean that you wouldn't get one if you apply directly. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/blue-badge-can-i-get-one/can-i-get-a-blue-badge

It is an awkward one because for moving around you need 8 points or more. Planning journeys has to be exactly 10 points.

If you live in Scotland or Wales then you get automatic eligibility for 12 points also. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.