Application Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Application Form

Options
Harleyqueen
Harleyqueen Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hi, is there a carers allowence form on line to have a look at ?
I know there is an actual application on the Gov Website but we would like too see what they require before starting the application.
Are they straigt forward to fill in ? or would it be better to seek assistance from a Wefare Rights Advisor ?

Many Thanks

HarleyQueen

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Harleyqueen and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  

I've had a wee look on this site and there isn't an actual application form here, sorry, but the link straight to the Government website.  My husband receives Carers' Allowance as he is my carer, it was quite a while ago he applied, but I think it was fairly straightforward to complete, but yes, it may be a good idea to take the form along to your local Citizens Advice Bureau who can help you fill it in and give you the best advice about it.  Meantime, here is some Scope information about Carers' Allowance, if you want to take a look - 

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/carers-allowance-ca/

Good luck with your claim anyway and please let us know how you get on.  If you have any questions or need any further help then please don't hesitate to let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Harleyqueen
    Options
    Hi Ails
    Thank you for the reply
    I followed the link you provided and found a printable copy of the application, 29 pages wow !! 
    I will have have a look at it and if I feel confident I will fill in the on-line application.
    If not I will wait until we can get an appointment with the C.A.B.

Kind Regards

Harleyqueen
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Harleyqueen. It's one of the simpler benefit forms to complete, it doesn't ask about conditions etc. It asks for information like NI numbers, name and address of yourself and the person you care for. When the care began. 
    If you do give it a try online and get stuck on any question please let us know and we can try and help you through it. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Harleyqueen
    Options
    Hi Adrian
    Thank you I will 

Harleyqueen 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.