How is everyone doing today? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is everyone doing today?

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Grinchy said:
    Hey, feeling a bit meh! had a couple of seizures today which wipe me out, need to get out and sort my shed so i can do some artwork, just can't get motivated today, well tomorrows another day, see what happens
    Sorry to read that. You are in my prayers!
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,791 Disability Gamechanger
    thank you @April2018mom, appreciate it

• jasmineirani
    jasmineirani Scope Volunteer Posts: 103 Pioneering
    I am so sorry about the seizures Grinchy. I hope you don't get any today. Have a good day. 
  • MADDOG666
    MADDOG666 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I'm still breathing lol
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,791 Disability Gamechanger
    cheers @jasmineirani, not to bad today, had a lazy day, read a book, not done much at all, which is fine
  • jasmineirani
    What are your plans for today? Anything nice? I am just going to finish up on the computer and then do my word search. 
  • Lauren95
    Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Hi tammyjane33  hope your keeping safe and well? I have just fed my reptiles and garden birds and just relaxing this weekend to be honest. What are you up to today? 
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I'm totally fed up with being in. It's been six months now.
    The weather is lovely and would like to go out... but I have to wait for the drs say so or the government.  I'm trying to keep busy but really there is only so much you can do... I'm beyond bored now... having said all that at least I'm keeping safe...
    I'm worried that my granddaughter is going back to school they won't be able to visit me once a week until we find out how safe that is going to be. 
    I have a bad case of depression and already tried killing myself that's why my son pops over with his wife and Erica just to see if I'm ok... its do good to see Erica even if it once a week. I don't let that in but at least I've got to see them. 
    My anxiety goes up every time I hear how many people has died. 
    Just so many people...     
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 383 Pioneering
    @csno01 I'm glad you are ok and getting through your to do list. Lists do help don't they ?x
    They certainly do. I hope you are ok. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    The weather is lovely and would like to go out... but I have to wait for the drs say so or the government.  I'm trying to keep busy but really there is only so much you can do... I'm beyond bored now... having said all that at least I'm keeping safe...
    I'm worried that my granddaughter is going back to school they won't be able to visit me once a week until we find out how safe that is going to be. 
    I have a bad case of depression and already tried killing myself that's why my son pops over with his wife and Erica just to see if I'm ok... its do good to see Erica even if it once a week. I don't let that in but at least I've got to see them. 
    Just so many people...     
    Hi @AlisonNetty, I must be so difficult after being at home for so long. What things have you been doing to keep busy? I know it's mundane after a while, but I'm glad you have reached out and I hope speaking with members can help a little.

The news is frightening to watch. Especially as we have daily briefings that are always on. I try to check the news once a day but I do this online so I can almost censor the things I read. Totally normal to be feeling this way.

I'm glad you are still seeing family. Have you spoken to your GP about your depression recently? It's a really tough time at the moment. If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts then please reach out to someone qualified to help you. This could be Samaritans or your mental health team. If you feel in immediate danger then please call 999. You are important.
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    Just so many people...     
    Hi @AlisonNetty, I must be so difficult after being at home for so long. What things have you been doing to keep busy? I know it's mundane after a while, but I'm glad you have reached out and I hope speaking with members can help a little.

The news is frightening to watch. Especially as we have daily briefings that are always on. I try to check the news once a day but I do this online so I can almost censor the things I read. Totally normal to be feeling this way.

I'm glad you are still seeing family. Have you spoken to your GP about your depression recently? It's a really tough time at the moment. If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts then please reach out to someone qualified to help you. This could be Samaritans or your mental health team. If you feel in immediate danger then please call 999. You are important.
     Have my laptop. Colouring app. And I have books for colouring as well. Done the housework. Sat in my garden... 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello everyone! 

Today I woke up and had a mini epiphany. So today after a walk I got the kids to write me a short article about trees in Britain during their English lesson. In math class both of the twins are currently working on the skills of colour and shape recognition using a set of colourful shapes and a abacus to help them. Other than art and geography, I am not doing very much in the way of formal lessons this week. From this week on, all lessons will happen on a ad hoc basis until early September. This is just like last year. 

We are continuing our study of the Bible with a children's copy of the Bible and colour coded notes as well. This week we are focusing on Isaiah instead and memorising a few relevant verses too. I will also read part of a story out to them and we even have a chance to discuss it afterwards. Or I summarise the story in my own words for them. Thanks for the website @Ails it will be very useful in the future! 

Next week I need to get the toy cupboard sorted out. Francesca is doing relatively well health wise. No more procedures for now either. She has another clinic day appointment and urodynamics test coming up. 
  • jasmineirani
    What is the DRS? Never heard of it before. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I too like colouring @AlisonNetty! Which app do you use for digital colouring? I love using April which is really easy to do but really relaxing. :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
  • AlisonNetty
    @Chloe_Scope
    I use happy colours 
  • AlisonNetty
    Saw my granddaughter yesterday. 
    Sun is lovely to see. 
  • jasmineirani
    Good morning everyone. It must of been lovely to see your granddaughter again. My Nan and My uncle are coming to see me this afternoon so that will be nice. I hope your keeping safe and well especially when you go out. 
  • jasmineirani
    I didn't know that. Something that I have learnt. I am also learning how to do sign language as well which is really good to know. At the moment I learning how to do greetings and the alphabet. 
  • AlisonNetty
    The sun is out but I'm still not allowed out....oh poo!
    hope everyone has a good day.

Brightness