Triburall appeal over the phone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Triburall appeal over the phone

Options
DARRANWILLIS
DARRANWILLIS Community member Posts: 23 Listener
I’m on care nd mobility pip standard on both I need 1more point on both ov them to get enhanced should I take it over the phone

Comments

• DARRANWILLIS
    Options
    Iv got a phone call tribrell over the phone I’m on standard rate on care nd mobility I need 1more point to get enhanced should I take the phone call or not or do you hav to
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DARRANWILLIS - Welcome to the community. It's your decision to go ahead with a phone tribunal, or not. However, at the moment, phone tribunals have a higher success rate than previously.
    If you haven't come across the activities, or descriptors, that are looked at, please have a look at the following link to see where you might gain those extra points. Please see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    If you do decide to go ahead with your tribunal, please take your time in replying, & try to give a couple of examples for each applicable descriptor as to the difficulty you faced at the time of your assessment.
    Whatever you decide to do, we will all support you. :)

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @DARRANWILLIS. Have you been given a date for the telephone tribunal? Have you made a decision as to whether you will go through with it?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DARRANWILLIS Welcome to the community.

Have you been given  date for the telephone tribunal if so I would try and go ahead if you can as it will be a long wait for any other type of hearing.

Go through your bindle before the call and make sure you are clear why you think you should be awarded more points giving examples of what happened when you tried ty do the task 

Good luck and keep us updated
  • DARRANWILLIS
    Options
    Iv got the date 11.6.2020  I’m still waiting to hear from my Welfair person to see what he says I think I should take it what do you think
  • janer1967
    Options
    I would go ahead but that's my opinion 

Think about it what have you got to lose it may go in your favour then it will all be over too 

Why do you think you should have got more points that's what you need to consider 
  • DARRANWILLIS
    Options
    The pip carnt see what I’m writing here can they lol
  • DARRANWILLIS
    Options
    I think it can work both ways yes I’m gunna take it I need 1more point for mobility nd 1 more point for care to get on the enhanced 
  • janer1967
    Options
    I know you need 1 more point but why do you think you should get the extra point what do you think you should have got more points for 
  • janer1967
    Options
    No PIP cant see what you are putting on here 
  • DARRANWILLIS
    Options
    I think I should get the other 1point as the lady was totally wrong with her points nd anserwers and she had only 6weeks training to decide on someone future and life she was a bus driver before this job she is doing now bang out ov order she only met me for 35mins nd she goes on to disagree with my docktorsnd phycharists who hav none me for about 25yrs 
  • janer1967
    Options
    I wish you luck fingers crossed for you 
  • DARRANWILLIS
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Best of luck with the appeal @DARRANWILLIS
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • DARRANWILLIS
    Options
    Thankyou wen I get my phone call triburill can we see each other nd if it’s going on for a while could I ask for a 10min break
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hello @DARRANWILLIS.
    You won't be able to see one another during the telephone tribunal. Whether they would allow you a break is at their discretion, but remember to take your time and just be open with them and say if it's getting too much for you. I imagine they are used to people finding the process difficult and they should be understanding of that.

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.