Hi, my name is Sranang! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sranang!

Sranang
Sranang Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I already am a member of this community called Cassandra ? but I couldn’t get in anymore, so set up a new account under username Sranang which is the name of my dad’s language who gave me his kidney in 1985 . I enjoyed his fantastic gift for 13 years [long at that time] and will be forever greatful. He gave his kidney age 60 (new experiment at that time) and lived till the great age of 87. I still miss him, and hope I can keep my new username in his honour.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's an incredible story to be associated with your name @Sranang. Welcome back to the community. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome back to the community. What a fantastic way to pay tribute to your father who gave you a most precious gift possible.

I too have lost my dad and miss him every day even though its been 12 years now I was a daddy's girl lol
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sranang - Cassandra and welcome back from me also to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thanks for re-joining us.  What a lovely tribute to your dad and very moving too.  It is a wonderful, selfless gift he gave you and an amazing thing to do.  I'm sure your new username will give you much contentment when you think of your dad.

I hope you enjoy being part of our great Community again and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If you need any help or support with anything then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing such a powerful story @Sranang! Welcome back. :)
    Scope

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sranang

Good Afternoon it’s great to have you back.

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if you need an update in getting around???

@steve51

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sranang - Lovely to 'meet' you. Thank you for re-joining Cassandra, & for sharing about your poignant use of your new username. You certainly honour your Dad with this. :)

Brightness