PIP tribunal this year cancelled due to the current situation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal this year cancelled due to the current situation

songsofsoul
songsofsoul Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there ~ I was due for a tribunal this year cancelled due to the current situation. 

I sent in some further evidence such such as my dispute of the factors for daily living and a report from active services ~ which I had to write al letter with explaining how they say one thing on paper than they do to me in person ~ a letter from my friend who cares for me and the tribunal said they received it and sent it to those concerned. This morning I got a text from the DWP saying they have recieved my pip assessment and will contact me in six weeks with a decision. 

Does anyone know what this could mean? I was really hoping to get to finally stand up for myself and be heard by tribunal. 

How can they decide without a tribunal? So infuriatingly my meeting with acute services as I wrote in my letter to tribunal ~ was meant to be evidence of how my daily living is not reflected by assessments where people are not hearing me and I am too scared to say what is really happening. 

I wanted a tribunal to finally finally be heard - impartially ~ which I waited a year for and now I’ve been told in six weeks a decision without being heard.

i have no idea if this means they will go with the report or have been able to hear my feeble attempts to explain or show how I am spoken down to by these organisations ~ who are trying to protect their jobs and saying to me they can’t see why pip was stopped and then on paper saying I’m non-compliant ~ it’s all smoke and mirrors ~ I really wanted to be impartially heard and does anyone have any experience of how or why this has happened this way?

:( (schizoaffective) 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Im sorry to hear you have not been given the opportunity to speak  at tribunal.

It most likely due to the lockdown they are trying to avoid court hearings and only doing tribunals overt the phone at present

If the DWP don't have enough information to make a decision it may still go to tribunal.

Apart from having you voice heard and I understand that it may be a positive to not have to attend
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @songsofsoul, I imagine this was frustrating! 

At the moment all tribunals are paper based or over the phone. I can completely see why you would want to explain this, I just really hope it is a positive decision.. 
    Scope

• songsofsoul
    Thank you for your support kindness ladies xXx
  • songsofsoul
    Oh I see ~ thank you for letting me know that’s really kind of you :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.