What TV series are you enjoying? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What TV series are you enjoying?

Autismally
Autismally Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2020 in Coffee lounge
I am enjoying Snowpiercer, Travellers, and Star Trek Discovery. I like crime and sci-fi genres. I am looking forward to the next season of Lucifer :smile:

What do you enjoy?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I love crime dramas. Things like silent witness and line of duty are my favourite! 
    Scope

• JadeB90
    JadeB90 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I'm into crime fiction and supernatural :) I'm patiently awaiting season 5 of The Magicians, but I just watched snowpiercer too. It's much more in depth so far than the film managed to go so i'm hopeful it will be good. 
     I also finished white lines and rewatched 'life on mars' and 'ashes to ashes' :)

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Currently watching "The Expanse" on Amazon prime, 5 seasons 50 episodes currently on episode 19, great (if complicated) storyline and pretty good acting.
    My all time favourite is the "West wing" probably because Stockard Channing is in it  <3
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    I've been watching star trek picard and enjoying it, lots to see on amazon prime, my wife is working her way through lost at the moment, she loves it,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    I love a good TV series, I mix between genres, I can go for chick flic to sci-fi to nonfiction! 

Ones I have recently finished and LOVED! - Sense 8, The stranger, Power, Altered Carbon, Prison Break, Gilmore Girls, Grace and Frankie.

If you like sci-fi you need to watch sense 8 and altered carbon, if you havent already!!

(all netflix)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sense 8 is an interesting choice @LauraR_Scope. I enjoyed the first season of that but if I remember rightly there was a bit of a gap between seasons 1 and 2 and by then I'd moved on! Was the second season worth watching?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lauren95
    Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Hello Autismally I love real life crime,’and downton abbey even though that’s not on at the moment and call the midwife, even though they are not filming. I don’t know if you have wanted to watch it but if you have Netflix something that I watched was called the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann it’s sad of course but it’s an interesting watch Aliso if you type that in your find loads of real life crime series come up also ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Sense 8 is an interesting choice @LauraR_Scope. I enjoyed the first season of that but if I remember rightly there was a bit of a gap between seasons 1 and 2 and by then I'd moved on! Was the second season worth watching?
    I must have been late to the party, I watched season 1 and 2 together, loved it!
    Season 2 is defiantly worth a watch, a lot better than 1!
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Autismally
                             How are you? During lockdown I have been enjoying Spooks. I was just a kid when it was originally on so it's been good to watch it. I think it's great and they seemed to be ahead of their time. I currently on season 4. Thank you.
  • alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    I just watched SSGB on Netflix which was really good, I love dystopian type programs especially those reimagining the outcome of WW2. If you're into that sort of thing then Man in the High Castle on Prime is amazing. Picard on Prime was brilliant. Not sure what I'm going to watch next yet!
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm a big peridod drama fan so currently loving the re-runs of Downton Abbey on ITV3!  I'm also really enjoying watching Greyson Perry's Art Club at the moment and the new Keith Lemon Craft show both on Channel 4.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Stranger things on Netflix is brilliant. It's different than the usual So Fi programmes  and you never know what is going to happen.

• thejollyroger
    thejollyroger Community member Posts: 10 Connected
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    I mainly watch Netflix and finished Schitts Creek recently I'm watching the second series of Sex Education (a comedy). I love Stranger Things and I have the latest season of Better Call Saul to watch too. 
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    I have recently been watching Billions. I just watched the new series episode of Agents of Shield which had a big delay in coming back. I have re-watched The Pacific, which is like Band of Brothers but follows marines in World War II and McMafia, a great British crime thriller. I hope it gets a second series!
  • alieshia
    alieshia Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    @Autismally I watched the first few Snowpiercer episodes today it was brilliant! Thanks for recommendation.

Brightness