Pip appeal questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal questions

BexM1981
BexM1981 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone I am new to this so please bear with me 
I won my PIP tribunal on the 15/01/2020 after just over a year of waiting ( changed circumstances on 01/05/2019 to include diabetic neuropathy, permanent nerve damage to hands and feet , was originally for slipped discs on 01/07/2016 witch I still have even after loosing 10 Stone ) Due to covid I had a telephone hearing witch lasted 8 mins as they had already made the decision to over turn DWP and grant me higher rate mobility to go with my standard rate Living , I was so shocked by the quickness of the phone call and the fact I had actually been successful that I missed the tail end of what he was saying , he deffo said something about 3 years( witch would have been the length of time I had been on pip for when this all started) so I am now left worrying what he said might it be either the length of time my award will carry on too after the tribunal date or how long they are going to back date me too ( I am assuming it is the later as the former would mean them owing me 10k witch I highly doubt) I wanna to know if anyone else has had a time frame of award given to them at tribunal or if anyone has had a large sum backdated to them . I also know dwp can appeal my appeal I wonder if anyone knows what % of people get appealed (sor) thanks in advance and sorry for rambling ?  

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,608 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@BexM1981 hi Bex so glad youv eventually got your award sorry I’m not sure on the back payment, but hopefully your due it all back, Iv heard a few people that have had a lot backdated, 2 years ago I got £5000 back, but now waiting to hear from my MR I had been getting DL standard until it finished in February I then only hit 6 points for DL and 10 for mobility so get standard, so really hope you get everything due to you, you could phone up and ask if they have worked it out for you, oh and a massive well done on your weight loss great achievement ?
  • BexM1981
    Thank you @lou67 It’s been a tough road but glad I finally plucked up the courage to appeal :) hoping to get my letter from the tribunal ppl soon so I can shed a bit more light on things :) 
  • Lou67
    Hi BexM1981 Keep intouch lets no how you get on hopefully not much longer now till you get word ?
  • BexM1981
    This is gr8 to hear I do like being told straight what is going on only bad thing is the post seems to be taking forever ( my best friend in the town next to mine sent me something 3 weeks ago and still not here lol ) 
  • BexM1981
    Hi ?? 
    I have had my letter today saying about I have won my appeal and it will run between 20/09/2019 and 20/09/2022, so I guess that solves the mystery of what he meant ablout 3 years!!
    and I presume they will only backdate to then even though I changed my circumstances In may/19  
  • Lou67
    Hi@BexM1981 Glad youv had your letter but that’s strange your not getting it from May/19 but glad your getting it such a relief for you ?
  • Lou67
    Hi oh right I understand now sorry my mistake. 
  • BexM1981
    Always get conflicting reports on these things eg I had to do the whole rigmarole of universal credits LCWRA last year also i had a very rude man Dm saying I was stupid to think I would get backpay I resigned myself to this totally forgot bout it as I took what he said as true and then with no warning I had a grand in my bank rang Uc as I thought it was a mistake and it was back pay from LCWRA , so I guess u never know until u check your bank and there’s a nice surprise ( happily my surprise happened a week b4 Xmas ) ????
  • BexM1981
    When you win an appeal and they over turn dwp decision do they still give you points looking into blue badge 
    tia xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.