Hi, my name is Dean my wife who is my carer had a letter from carers this morning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dean my wife who is my carer had a letter from carers this morning

deanj84
deanj84 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hello all, My wife had a letter this morning through the post to tell her that her carers allowance that she gets for me will be stopping next month, as it says my PIP is due to stop. 

My PIP award is still active and I had sent in my review forms back just before the coronavirus things started to take effect here in the UK. However since sending those documents in along with the review form for my PIP claim I have not herd anything back from them in a very long time, Im guessing because of the coronavirus situation. 

Now the letter dated the 20/05/2020 my wife got today is the only letter that casts any light on what the result of my PIP claim is. I have not yet got any letter from PIP to say weather my PIP claim will continue or if it will be removed from me.

I am very confused and this has really made me feel depressed and worried now, I as im very disabled and have a notability car attached to my PIP claim also. Can anyone advise me on what the attached letter means?

Kind Regards
Dean

Comments

• deanj84
    Hello all, My wife had a letter this morning through the post to tell her that her carers allowance that she gets for me will be stopping next month, as it says my PIP is due to stop. Ive not had any notification myself to my recent review at all from DWP.

My PIP award is still active and I had sent in my review forms back just before the coronavirus things started to take effect here in the UK. However since sending those documents in along with the review form for my PIP claim I have not herd anything back from them in a very long time, Im guessing because of the coronavirus situation. 

Now the letter dated the 20/05/2020 my wife got today is the only letter that casts any light on what the result of my PIP claim is. I have not yet got any letter from PIP to say weather my PIP claim will continue or if it will be removed from me.

I am very confused and this has really made me feel depressed and worried now, I as im very disabled and have a notability car attached to my PIP claim also. Can anyone advise me on what the attached letter means?

Kind Regards
    Dean

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @deanj84 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear about your current situation with regards to Carers Allowance and PIP.  I'm unsure about this as not an expert with DWP matters, but I will tag in one of our Scope Team, @Adrian_Scope, to see if he can help you with this.  Meantime, please try not to worry, but I can appreciate that this is very stressful for you.  All the best.  

Hi @Adrian_Scope, would you be able to help this member with his Carers Allowance/PIP enquiry as above?  Thanks @Ails:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @deanj84 it does say "if this payment does stop on that date" you need to contact them tomorrow to double check that they have received your renewal forms, then if they have ask them when you are going to be assessed.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• deanj84
    woodbine said:
    Hi @deanj84 it does say "if this payment does stop on that date" you need to contact them tomorrow to double check that they have received your renewal forms, then if they have ask them when you are going to be assessed.
    I was indeed going to contact them in the morning as im really worried that my PIP form hasn't got to them the other end. This may also go half the way as to why I have not Hurd from them in such a long time. I put it down to the coronavirus since they are all working reduced hours and all of that jazz

I do suffer with mental health issues along side my physical disabilities and this is putting massive pressure on us as a family, not knowing if we are about to loose all our money as well as my freedom. As without my car im not able to get about :-(

Kind Regards
    Dean 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @deanj84. Your best option would be to call PIP and ask them. Is that the date your claim was originally due to end? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • vinnymac
    vinnymac Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Dean what happened in this situation as I'm going through the same thing thankyou

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.