Hi, my name is Lettie35! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lettie35!

Lettie35
Lettie35 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have got Osteoarthritis of the Spine And fibromyalgia and got told that I have got Sciatica this morning 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited May 2020
    Hi @Lettie35 and welcome to the community. How long have you been dealing with the sciatica? Has it been a struggle to get them acknowledged?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lettie35 Welcome on board, sorry to hear about your health issues.

I have had sciatica in the past and know how painful and debilitating it can be. I went to see a chiropractor and after several painful sessions the condition started to improve and I continued treatments for a long time and touch wood have never suffered again

I hope you feel better soon
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lettie35 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear about your health conditions and your recent diagnosis of Sciatica.  I hope you have found @janer1967's experience of it and advice to be helpful.  My husband suffers from Sciatica also at times in his back which can be very painful so realise how nasty this condition can be.  I do hope you find treatment to help you and that it gets better in time.  Quite a few of our members suffer from Fibromyalgia too and so a lot of people will know what you are going through with this as well.  

We are all here to support you on the forum as we all have various disabilities/health conditions and know how debilitating these can be at times.  So please chat to us if you need us as there will always be someone on here to listen.  I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and find it an useful place to be.  If we can be of any help/support to you at all then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Lettie35
    I didn't get the diagnosis of Sciatica as i got told because of the symptoms that i have been experiencing

• Lettie35
    Thank you everyone 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lettie35 - Welcome to the community from me too. Thank you for joining us all. I'm sorry to read about your painful health problems which must be difficult to cope with. Please have a look around & join in with the discussions. You may also like our virtual 'Coffee lounge' where we chat about all sorts. There are links at the top of this page. Please also chat here any time too. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lettie35

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

How are things with you today ?????

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Lettie35, great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness