Hi, my name is Emily (@21andsensory) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Emily (@21andsensory)

21andsensory
21andsensory Community member Posts: 1 Listener

My name is Emily, I’m 25 and I have Sensory Processing Disorder also known and referred to as SPD and I am autistic. I am a Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Blogger. 

My blog and Instagram page aim to bring people everywhere together to discuss their sensory problems and how they cope with their everyday lives. I want it to be recognised that sensory problems aren’t something children necessarily grow out of but learn to deal with for the rest of their lives. I like to post my own sensory illustrations online :)

My Blog: https://21andsensory.wordpress.com
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/21andsensory/

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @21andsensory! Great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @21andsensory how are you doing today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @21andsensory I’m Emma. Can’t wait to check out your blog. Please let me know if I can help you with anything.
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    21andsensory 
    I have a PubMed "Sensory Processing Disorder" research paper collection listed on my "Some PubMed Audiology Research Paper Collections" Evernote web page which you may find of some interest at 
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s329/sh/1d516363-55b1-43c0-ba6c-e40667b946ad/e5b8c6ade64471065704b188b20e2bd4  
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @dolfrog - Whilst it's great to give advice, I would suggest that rather than giving links, if they are not specific to the individual, & you can't know their medical history, it's unwise to give them.
    Your research paper collections are links to a medical database (PubMed)..... they are not yours (other than that you have kept links to them), as they are in the public domain, which anyone can view if they wish. If they have a good understanding of medical literature, then they can perform their own (specific) searches instead. A person needs to be aware of which journals, & authors are creditworthy. Reading a selection of papers on any given subject I fear may prove unhelpful in my opinion, if this is not taken into account.
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    chiarieds 
    Well They are links to my PubMed research paper collections, to research papers i have read over the years while researching a wide range of topics.
    And there are a wide range of issues which can be part of any single condition which is best described reading multiple research papers on each subject, which may affect any single individual with any diagnosis, and each individual needs to have a better understanding of ther issues which may be affecting them. 
    [Content removed by moderator - please avoid personal attacks]

Brightness