Medical report from GP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical report from GP

Options
nicola65
nicola65 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, I have sent the Work Capabilty Questionare for ESA at the end of January and received a letter in March that that I am awarded ESA and i am in the Support Group without attending  a F2F. Then 2 days ago I received a letter from my GP asking for  my concent the GP to answer a request from JobCenterPlus to send them a medical report. The last f2f assesment i had was in June2018, and I was also in the Support group then. I am just wondering why the Jobcenter needs medical report now, after the letter received and decision given for me to continue to be in the Support Group, or may be there is something I am missing? 

Comments

• swampy
    swampy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi I had mine reviewed last year and I’m the same as you in the support group but I never been asked by them to involve my doctors as far as I’m aware 
  • nicola65
    Options
    Hi, swampy, thank you for your reply. I called the GP secretary and she told me that the request from JCenter was received in February. Then I called JC and waited on the phone 56 minutes, listening to music. Finally there was a man, whose English was sooo poor, but somehow I was explained that there is no request letter, he can't see a letter , claim is decided on 24th March and that was it. By the way  when I called  there was an automated recording, saying that "if you have received a letter asking for medical evidence  please  ignore it." So I decided that if they need something  they will write again. Hope I am right. Thank you for reading .
  • swampy
    swampy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    They like to confuse themselves lol hope all goes well an take care 
  • nicola65
    Options
    Thank you, you too! If anything comes , will continue...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.