PIP Help. I’m a Newbie — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Help. I’m a Newbie

helentaylor
helentaylor Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi everyone. I’m Helen, my PIP award review arrives sometime in October I have been advised .- my condition is still the same so still need help with cooking / mixing with others , and other stuff. I have also have emotional dsyregulation , dyslexia and moderate learning difficulties. my medication has gone up. I have new evidence, ect ect ...... any advice for me when I do finally receive the award review letter? the guy I spoke to from PIP was so lovely today. he said just wait till you get your award review form as if you make changes now your payment could go down, or up but most likely down. he also said the form is shorter. ! does anyone no where I can find the link to see it? also anything else I should no. can I get someone to fill the form out for me? my grandad told me about this site. hope to hear from you all. 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @helentaylor and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and so glad to hear your grandad told you about the site and you decided to join so thanks for that.  So glad to hear that the man from PIP was kind and helpful to you when speaking to him.  Scope has put together some information about PIP which you may find helpful to read as it talks about all aspects of PIP and here is the link below -

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Also Citizens Advice Bureau are very good at helping to complete forms and once lock-down is over you can certainly arrange to make an appointment to see an adviser or ask for one to visit you at home to help with that.  I hope you find the above information to be helpful, but you may find that other members will post also with some PIP advice.  Good luck with your PIP review anyway and please let us know how you get on with it.  If you have any questions or need help with anything then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @helentaylor - Welcome to the community from me too. Great your Grandad knew about this site! As far as PIP goes, if you report a change of circumstances, & from what you say, this just seems to be an increase in your medication (so not necessarily something you would need to report), then you would be starting a new claim. However lovely the man you spoke too was, he can't know that that your current award would likely decrease, so shouldn't have said that. 
    Altho the review form is much shorter, you need to give as much detail as on your initial claim form. Do this by adding extra pages at the end (with your name & National Insurance number on each page) referencing the specific question(s).
    Anyone can fill the form out for you; a family member or friend, or, as Ails suggests, the Citizens Advice Bureau. My son wrote all of my initial PIP claim form for me as I have difficulty writing.
    I hope this information may also be helpful. Any other questions, just ask us all. :)

• helentaylor
    Hi @chiarieds and thank you for a lovely response. a question I would like to ask you if you can answer it or not. I struggle with my writing but didn’t score any points for it. I was in a special needs unit and have letters stating I struggled with my reading and writing is it worth adding that in again? as I have dyslexia. and moderate learning difficulties. because I feel like I should be gaining points there which I didn’t. what would you advise? thank you so much to you and everyone else. Good Saturday morning as well ☺️
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome to the community

When you complete the review form you should put everything down you have difficulties with against the descriptors. You should treat the review as a new application and give as much details as possible even if there has been no change.

For each area put what difficulties you have giving real life examples of what happens when you try to do the task and ajds or support you need.

By completing the form with as much detail as you can may mean they can make a decision without a other f3f assessment though most people do have to have an assessment

Good luck with the review the forms normally come 6 months prior to award ending but I am sure there must ne big delays at the current time
  • chiarieds
    Hi @helentaylor - Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, by all means send those letters, anything that is relevant, just don't send too much. I hope you've had a good day, & enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)
  • helentaylor
    awwww thank you @chiarieds  !!!!! as being in a special needs unit is a life long condition so they would have to take that in regardless. I will add as much in as possible. but won’t go too over the top. i no you get it 6 months before ..... but if I call PIP up can they tell me when I might get it? 
  • helentaylor
    Thank you @janer1967 I appreciate that hun. I will treat it like a new application. I got it straight away from 2017 to 2021. and didn’t go to a assessment! so hopefully they will continue my award. fingers crossed. the guy on the phone decision maker said based on the “Special needs unit” dyslexia, ADHD, moderate learning difficulties. and a personality disorder and severe paranoia is more than enough. based on all that you would of got it regardless “ does that surprise you him saying that? I was shocked !!!!! 
  • chiarieds
    Hi @helentaylor - All I know is that reviews won't be looked at until October at the earliest. With the current uncertainty it would be difficult for anyone to say more than that. Unfortunately things keep changing, but currently it looks like your review will be in October. Altho that's not saying much, I hope it helps. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @helentaylor

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

Do you have a local CAB office that you are able to access???

We have got some great info/advice on here. 

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please please let me know if there’s any problems with this info???

@steve51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.